Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pilot Super Sports for the 21" staggered wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been a big fan of the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (PSS) for several years and find they do real well in the wet, have great performance and handling and greater longevity compared to the PS2s. The PSS are not currently available for the 21" staggered setup on the Model S, they fit the front wheels, but don't currently make one that would fit the back ones. I contacted Michelin and the feeling i got was that it might be a consideration if there was enough interest. So if you have the 21" wheels would you please consider filling out this short form on the Michelin website to request them to consider making the Pilot Super Sports for our 21" wheels? I figure the more options we have the better. Thank you for your time:

Michelin Contact US | Michelin Tires

Contacting Michelin is a very good idea, thank you for posting the link. I am currently using PSS on the front wheels of my P85+ and feel that they are a significant improvement over the PS2. I have just completed the request. Hopefully more P85+ owners will do the same.

Got the following response today.

[SIZE=+0]We appreciate your request for Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in size 265/35ZR21. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate Marketing Group for future consideration. [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+0]
Just for your information, we do offer the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in size 265/35ZR21 and the 245/35ZR21 if these are the staggered size tire your Tesla requires.​
[/SIZE]

We normally will get part numbers for new sizes / models around six months prior to the start of production, so I should have some indication just before the tire is released. As of this moment, we do not have any part numbers or pricing info for 265/35R21 Pilot Super Sport.

Here's the jist of the reply I received from Michelin with the usual boilerplate other info.

"We appreciate your request for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for your Tesla. Unfortunately, we do not manufacture this tire in the size for your vehicle. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate Marketing Group for future consideration. Feel free to check back with us, at the number below, periodically to see if we are any closer to manufacturing this size in the future."

No surprise. But if they get enough requests, they may seriously consider the 265s for PSS