Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FL Snowbird Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting now that snowbirds are starting to appear we're seeing out of state Model Ss. I'm wondering whether they're driving down or having their cars shipped? In any case I've seen Maine, New York, New Jersey and Ontario(!) this past week.

Any others?

My wife and I drove our P85 from Chicago area to the east coast and down to Port St. Lucie and back last year. Used superchargers all the way down and back and in Port St. Lucie while there playing golf for about 8 weeks. We were hopeful that we could take I65 I75 this year, but the superchargers promised 2014 don't look like they will make it to Kentucky and Tennessee in time. Our P85 performed flawlessly through all the weather last year. And we really enjoyed being among the first to make such a long trip via Superchargers.

We will be doing the opposite trip to visit family in Rochester, NY over the Christmas holiday. Since we have to pick up a grandchild from school in New Paltz on the way we will be going via Albany(Colonie) SpC. I plan to use Paramus , NJ since it is now open.

Interesting now that snowbirds are starting to appear we're seeing out of state Model Ss. I'm wondering whether they're driving down or having their cars shipped? In any case I've seen Maine, New York, New Jersey and Ontario(!) this past week.

Any others?

Drove down last week in my model S 60 from Virginia using Super Chargers all the way except in Jacksonville where the Hyatt was able to hook me up to their Level I near the swimming pool which allowed me to get to St. Augustine. Staying out at Beach Place on LBK and been charging at Mote, St. Armand's and downtown Sarasota. Black Model S 60 with Va. tag "No Gaz" roy Donahue

I saw a NJ Model S charging at Epcot on Sunday afternoon.

You mean this one? We actually live in Palm Harbor but Im based in NJ. We are season pass holders to WDW so the Epcot charger is great for us because Palm Harbor-WDW-Palm Harbor at I-4 speed can get tight without charging.

NJ charged 0% sales tax on EVs, no inspection, and the tag is good for 4yrs. (This was Pre-Tesla ban) so I used my address up there and we road tripped it back to FL last Nov. Over 20k miles since then and loving every one of them.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Nigel, FYI, I became a Member at Mote yesterday and also provided what I thought was a generous donation which will more than cover any charging I do there over the next couple of months. roy Donahue Black Model S 60 Va. tag: NO GAZ

Thank you! :)

P.S. With a membership card you get to come see the new "Oh, baby!" exhibit opening in February:

Last edited by a moderator: