Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volt Owner, and will be switching to Model X Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum. However, I'm not new to EV. I own an range extended EV Volt for almost a year. When the model X comes out, I'll be snatching one. And, I will install the 80A HPWC.

My plan is to post that on plugshare, and have a small donation box near my garage. Will be based on a honor system. We are all EV owners, and we want EVs to succeed so, the honor system I believe is a chivalrous deed. Also, electric rates here in the upper valley in the NH is quite high, no offpeak. Tesla registration avg around 1500/year (yes, we have to renew our registration once a year). So, any donation would help if using the HPWC.

Looking forward to a few people who have reserved their Model X, and lives up near my kneck of the woods.

I think you will find that rarely (if ever) do EV owners stop at residential plugshare locations.
This is based off of reading many forum posts on many different forums including Leaf, Smart and Tesla.

There are some exceptions, such as lack of a supercharger between two long distance end points (such a Toronto to Montreal in 2013) where the residential chargers of some Tesla forum members here were put to good use many times.

Glad to hear you are getting a Tesla, and enjoy your Volt, my wife and I loved it when we test drove it, but the lack of 5 passengers made it a no sale.

Welcome aboard! I'm new here as well, and I just put in an order for an 85D that'll be replacing a 2013 Volt. I've been really happy with it and I'll be sad to see it go, but I won't miss the annoying noise that comes from under the hood every time the battery runs out. :D

I think you will find that rarely (if ever) do EV owners stop at residential plugshare locations.
This is based off of reading many forum posts on many different forums including Leaf, Smart and Tesla.

There are some exceptions, such as lack of a supercharger between two long distance end points (such a Toronto to Montreal in 2013) where the residential chargers of some Tesla forum members here were put to good use many times.

Glad to hear you are getting a Tesla, and enjoy your Volt, my wife and I loved it when we test drove it, but the lack of 5 passengers made it a no sale.
Prior to the Chattanooga SC going live I had several visitors who took advantage of my 100 Amp HPWC. I very much enjoyed having them visit and swap Tesla Moments. Those who choose Tesla and are distant from SC's are usually very much appreciated by those needing a sip to make it home or to destination.