Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello new member here in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, finally I am able to post on this great site! I've been trying and trying for about 2-3 months and wasnt able to. I finally registered under a new name and it worked!
I've read almost every thread on the main forum and this Hawaii thread drooling over all the information and so anxious for my new tesla!
I ordered a black p85d in oct and was told delivery would be in dec sometime.
Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to meet some of you guys in real life soon.
I noticed another member DrTKO lives in Waialae Nui. I think I see you driving around with a lighted T sometimes and always look twice. I live above the rec center so look for me in a few weeks, hopefully.
Ross :biggrin:

Wow, finally I am able to post on this great site! I've been trying and trying for about 2-3 months and wasnt able to. I finally registered under a new name and it worked!
I've read almost every thread on the main forum and this Hawaii thread drooling over all the information and so anxious for my new tesla!
Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to meet some of you guys in real life soon.
I noticed another member DrTKO lives in Waialae Nui. I think I see you driving around with a lighted T sometimes and always look twice. I live above the rec center so look for me in a few weeks, hopefully.

WELCOME! You may be one of the first P85D's in Hawaii! So excited for you! Please post pics when you get your car. Hope to see you at our next meet up :)

Ross,

Welcome to the forum. That is so cool that you live on the same hill. I live above the rec cente as well. There are a few owners on our hill. There is a black one down the hill (I work with the husband) and I've seen a brown MS, a black MS and a gray MS. I've even seen a white MS. Can you let us know what your configuration is? Color, wheel size, pano roof, tech package, sound system. Things like that.

Welcome Ross, Since you have already been reading, you probably realized we are a informal and friendly bunch. And we help each other when we can. When your P85D is ready for delivery, it would be my pleasure to pick you up and take you to the SC for your delivery. I like to take pictures for new owners when they are getting their MS. The pictures are for you. Most new owners are to involved to take their own pictures. PM me if I can be of help.

Hey everyone,
Its funny I have been reading so much about you all I feel like I do know you all already!
Hi Masaki! Yes its me Ross! I'm such a dumbell I didnt even recognize you in your picture!
DrTKO, I think I saw your can one day at the rec center a while ago, is it green? I loved that green but ended up getting a black one.
I originally ordered a p85 in 9-14 but when the d and something else was announced I changed it to a P85D, black pano, tech, air suspension, next gen seats, gloss obeche ,gray 21s and premium sound. I skipped the spoiler and the interior upgrade and the twin chargers.
Akikiki, thank you so much for your offer I may take you up on it depending on when it gets here. I'm looking so forward to getting the car like a kid before Christmas!
Hopefully the first roll out of the new model wont have too many problems. I've read a lot about how great the service center here is so thats good news.
Ross

Ross,

Welcome to the forum. That is so cool that you live on the same hill. I live above the rec cente as well. There are a few owners on our hill. There is a black one down the hill (I work with the husband) and I've seen a brown MS, a black MS and a gray MS. I've even seen a white MS. Can you let us know what your configuration is? Color, wheel size, pano roof, tech package, sound system. Things like that.

Hi Ross, I'm also in the area at the bottom of the hill. Silver MS. When you get your car, you can consider me an emergency stop if you don't have enough juice to make it up the hill!

Hey everyone,
Its funny I have been reading so much about you all I feel like I do know you all already!
Hi Masaki! Yes its me Ross! I'm such a dumbell I didnt even recognize you in your picture!
DrTKO, I think I saw your can one day at the rec center a while ago, is it green? I loved that green but ended up getting a black one.
I originally ordered a p85 in 9-14 but when the d and something else was announced I changed it to a P85D, black pano, tech, air suspension, next gen seats, gloss obeche ,gray 21s and premium sound. I skipped the spoiler and the interior upgrade and the twin chargers.
Akikiki, thank you so much for your offer I may take you up on it depending on when it gets here. I'm looking so forward to getting the car like a kid before Christmas!
Hopefully the first roll out of the new model wont have too many problems. I've read a lot about how great the service center here is so thats good news.
Ross

Ross,
Since you know Spleen, you may know me since I work at the same company. I'm Tim.

Hi Rod,
Hi Tim,
THanks for the offer for charging before climbing the gauntlet! I have a leaf now, "yes im one of those guys at the kahala mall charger" but I usually really need it!
My office is in Wahiawa so the drive in my leaf from Waialae Nui to Waihiawa and back on one charge is getting pretty sketchy. When the car was new it was fine, I must have lost 25% of my capacity since then, 40K miles in a little over two years. Thank goodness I leased the leaf. I ended up buying the tesla now that I realize I drive way more than the 15k that would be allowed in the lease.
I didnt know there were so many teslas on the hill. I thought the black p85 down closer to the bottom was the only one.
Sorry Tim not sure I ever met you, I know Spleen through a mutual friend from college.
I'll be sure to post pictures when I get the car!
Ross

Wow, you must have heavy range anxiety! You'll never have to worry about it with MS but I'm in Mililani if you ever need a charge or you can always stop by the service center. Join the Hawaii Tesla Owners group if you haven't already to find everyone's contact info in the introductions thread.

Hi nanimac,
I think I just joined the Hawaii group, but not too sure. Akikiki sent me a nice PM to join too. I'll check it again tomorrow. Range anxiety has been part of my life for about a year now. Its to the point if that I'm almost numb to it. Knock on wood Ive never killed the leaf on the road, but I get home everyday with zero miles left on the meter. I know that draining it all the way and charging to the max everyday is killing the battery, but I have to or I wont make it home.
BTW did any one buy the prepaid service? if so which one and do you think it was worth it?
Thanks!

Hi Rod,
Hi Tim,
THanks for the offer for charging before climbing the gauntlet! I have a leaf now, "yes im one of those guys at the kahala mall charger" but I usually really need it!
My office is in Wahiawa so the drive in my leaf from Waialae Nui to Waihiawa and back on one charge is getting pretty sketchy. When the car was new it was fine, I must have lost 25% of my capacity since then, 40K miles in a little over two years. Thank goodness I leased the leaf. I ended up buying the tesla now that I realize I drive way more than the 15k that would be allowed in the lease.
I didnt know there were so many teslas on the hill. I thought the black p85 down closer to the bottom was the only one.
Sorry Tim not sure I ever met you, I know Spleen through a mutual friend from college.
I'll be sure to post pictures when I get the car!
Ross

Ross,
Sorry about that. I thought you were another Ross.
Tim

We have the 4 year prepaid service. Not sure if there really was any advantage to it though they've always been willing to come out and valet the car and exchange it with a loaner. If we were going to do it again, might skip it though there's some reassurance with it given how expensive the car is. :)

We have the 4 year prepaid service. Not sure if there really was any advantage to it though they've always been willing to come out and valet the car and exchange it with a loaner. If we were going to do it again, might skip it though there's some reassurance with it given how expensive the car is. :)

Agreed. Early on, there were no such assurances because everything was new, but went with the prepaid service for peace of mind. Didn't need it.

Agreed. Early on, there were no such assurances because everything was new, but went with the prepaid service for peace of mind. Didn't need it.

all that is true, but prepaying the annual service (even if it is no longer required) and any other service that requires ranger service is paid for even if you only use it a few times a year. even with only a handful of minor service calls I think I have got my money back over paying "per service." Now the tire maintenance (no longer available) that I paid for... and have used... that is another story.

Thanks for the replys, Ill have to think it over to see its something we want, normally we are the type of people to never buy the service or extended warranty on things like appliances etc, but this is one expensive dishwasher.
Yes DrTKO! lets meet up at rec center for sure after I get my car!