Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
According to my DS, Tesla can no longer offer financing in the State of Georgia.
She implied that this was not mandated by the State. It was a precautionary move to make Tesla's legal case involving a cap in sales volume stronger.
So those not purchasing with cash will need to find third party financing at least for the immediate future.

When I bought the word here and from the Marietta Service Center was that Alliant Credit Union had the best rates anywhere, even had a Tesla-specific application page. This time last year the rate was 1.49% for 72 months. Don't know what things are like now.

As a result I owe Alliant about 61 more payments.

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org

And here is the Tesla application, but no mention of interest rates:
https://www.alliantcreditunion.com/Applications/los/TeslaVehicleLoan/INIT

I looked through the eligibility requirements and there seems to me something called the "Tesla Loan Referral (FCS)". Is this how you qualified as a member of Alliant?

I looked through the eligibility requirements and there seems to me something called the "Tesla Loan Referral (FCS)". Is this how you qualified as a member of Alliant?

There are Federal rules governing who can join Credit Unions. Am not sure but I think just asking for a loan to buy a Tesla was enough for them to sign me up. Just ask them. I think from start to approval was 30 minutes. They knew exactly how to keep Tesla happy, and Tesla knew exactly how they were getting paid.

Energy Federal has more rules for applying and are not the best organized bunch, but their customer service is downright friendly and they don't waste time giving approvals.
They were way less together than PenFed, but that great rate lasts a good bit longer than the application process.