Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter shipping?!?! (Unconfirmed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email to Tesla about my Chademo adapter on December 1st.
Tesla replied on Dec 2nd.....

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we still do not have an estimated ship date for the CHAdeMO adapter at this time. We will be sure to contact you as soon as it is available or once we have an official status update.

I thought the same thing. Only thing making me believe it is the picture of the box...

That picture may have come from a thread here on the "loaner" CHAdeMO adapters that Tesla sent out to some folks that needed them to attend the Nashville hearing on opening a store in TN. I am pretty sure I saw that picture, or another very much like it, in one of those threads, but I couldn't find it on a quick review.

The Inside EVs site is often weeks behind in news relating to Tesla, so I would be surprised if it scooped TMC on this one. I call BS unless someone here confirms it.
Like you, I was shocked that Inside EVs got the scoop before TMC. So file me also under the "skeptic" column.

According to the comments, Tesla closed out the waitlist (not taking new orders) and promised shipping before the end of 2014.
Can anyone on the waitlist chime in?

I helped facilitate the loaner CHAdeMOs for the Nashville hearing - and also inquired about potentially letting the owners buy them if they wanted. The answer was no, not yet available here. That was in the last week. So I'm highly skeptical of the report that these are being sold now. If the adapters had been for sale, we wouldn't have had such a hard time finding some to loan out - instead, it would have been a matter of resetting priorities and letting a few Tennessee owners move to the front of the line. That was not an option. Each loaned adapter was ultimately earmarked for a destination in Japan.

The adapter delay I believe is technical; compatibility across a broad range of chargers, reliability, etc. The console? I don't know.. probably just priorities.

I would have had use for the Chademo adapter 6 months ago. Today... probably not going to bother... can get pretty much anywhere I'd want to go using the superchargers. At $450 I might buy one to keep just in case, but, I have no real need for it now.

Same with the center console... probably won't order one now that I've gotten used to the lack of one.

Delays are costing Tesla that small amount of revenue from me at least... probably others who feel the same.

It is not available and clearly says "coming soon" whatever that means.

chademo adaptor.PNG

Like you, I was shocked that Inside EVs got the scoop before TMC. So file me also under the "skeptic" column.

According to the comments, Tesla closed out the waitlist (not taking new orders) and promised shipping before the end of 2014.
Can anyone on the waitlist chime in?
While I've been on the wait list longer then most (I think I was #30 or so on the list), don't pass insideev's off getting a scoop so early. They have about 6 writers or so, and a couple of those writers have connections, as well as a few talk with people like me regularly to get scoops as soon as they come out.

Unfortunately, I have not been contacted by tesla about getting a adapter yet.

Email I just got from Tesla:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we have not started fulfilling the CHAdeMO waitlist orders yet. We do have you on the list, so we will contact you as soon as we have an official announcement or once they are available for your position on the list."

Console . . Schmonsole!! Eating roast peanuts (while charging) is an inalienable right. :smile:

IMG_0047lg.jpg

> The delay with this product and the center console is simply bizarre to me. [Amped Realtor]
--

Last edited: