Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The day BEFORE the pick up....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow at 2pm, West Coast time, my wife and I will be picking up our Pearl White P85 in Fremont, CA. We waited for 2 months and let me say this, I cannot wait to actually see and touch my own car in "flesh and blood." It's been raining for two days now. It's nasty outside, but that's ok. Here's a quick pic.

While waiting for two months, I've been subscribing to thread, looking at MS pics and listed down all the projects that I will do... Stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMG_5620.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,340
Sep 9 - Ordered confirmed
Nov 25 - Went into Production
Dec 3 - Pick up scheduled

Thank you. Initially, the delivery date was December, then it changed to early November. Then it was pushed to December. Then I get a call that it's going to Production. I'm glad I didn't order the P85+ back in Sept because that's when I saw the announcement about the P85D a few days/weeks later. Either way, I would have to sell my other nut to afford the P85D so I'm happy with the P85. It's pouring outside and I'm here sweating in the garage cleaning up! :biggrin: i don't mind though...

Mesalum, when is your ETA?

This baby will soon be mine! It's gonna be BADA$$ once I'm done with her "beautification." :tongue:

Last edited:
Same thing here; originally December, then November, then back to December. Last week my DS said my car would go into production this week. As of right now it still shows in the production clue. I must be real close.

Enjoy the factory tour and the car. I am jealous.

Before I picked up the S85 back in September we were having lovely weather. The day of the delivery though the Seattle area got the first good rain of the year. When this happens, oils and things on the road that haven't had a chance to be washed away by the rain combine with the water to make things very slick. So there's always a lot of accidents. My appointment to pickup was at 9am so we're driving into Seattle to get the car at the tail end of the rush hour. On the way we saw about 4 accidents, one of which a vehicle had rear ended another and in the process slid under the other vehicle, leaving the rear ended vehicle sitting on top of the other vehicle. Let's just say that led to a very nervous drive home with the new car.

Same thing here; originally December, then November, then back to December. Last week my DS said my car would go into production this week. As of right now it still shows in the production clue. I must be real close.

Enjoy the factory tour and the car. I am jealous.

Exact same for me. Originally December, then Early November, now back to December. My DS also said that mine would go into production this week. Still says Order Confirmed on my dash and I emailed my DS yesterday asking for an update and he has not responded yet. Never thought this waiting would be sooooo hard.

MarcG, to be honest, I didn't pay attention. It was just days. Hope my car wasn't rushed.... :redface:

No worries, I was just curious to see how long other models were taking to complete production these days.
My P85D went into production the same day yours did, but is still showing "in production" as of today.
In the other thread where we're tracking P85D deliveries, there's talk of delays but we're not quite sure why yet.
Anyway, enjoy your delivery do post pics!

Here are the pics from yesterday's pick up! Pouring rain and my baby was getting wet. :crying:

First pic, I was inside the customer pick up lobby and saw a black P85D park right in front. 2nd pic, as soon as we park at the dedicated parking spot for customer pick up, this is what you'll see. big picture of TESLA and a bunch of Modelsssss... I was like a little girl giggling when I saw 20 plus MS, it was pretty sweet. 3rd pic, i took a picture of my rear view mirror. that is our pearl white P85 drench in rain. :crying: my wife and I was going 40mph on the freeway bec visibility was poor. We were on our way to San Jose where she is currently getting "beautified." we'll pick up the car friday. i am so excited to drive this car, you guys have no idea. i feel like we should do a Tesla Model S parade around San Francisco all the way to Fremont with 20 or more MS.

i think my phone went on sephia mode. enjoy!

p85D.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Here are the pics from yesterday's pick up! Pouring rain and my baby was getting wet. :crying:

First pic, I was inside the customer pick up lobby and saw a black P85D park right in front.View attachment 65152

Wow, congrats!! It's beautiful, even when wet :biggrin:

I'm really curious about that P85D that was parked next to yours, especially given the whole kerfuffle over delivery delays.
Do you have a high-res photo of the first one you posted, or better yet another close-up of the P85D, which shows the window sticker in the rear-right window?

FYI - here's the other photo that was posted on a different thread of what looks to be the same P85D:

B39U1feIEAE9ASG.jpg-large.jpeg

Notice the same 3 cars in the background, so this photo was taken close to when you took yours.

Yes, that the same one. OH GOD, I wish I took out my digital camera and took more pictures. I got scared of taking pictures because after we signed the Non-Disclosure Form, we weren't suppose to take pictures. (Maybe that only applies inside the tour.) The white car next to it wasn't ours. Ours was getting supercharged. =)

Exactly one year today, I picked up my P85 at the mothership, Fremont, CA. It was very epic! Same as today, it was raining hard, but I did not care. Below is my office view from SSF today.

A few subtle mods and 34,000 plus miles later, here's what my car looks like today. One BAD ASS Pearl White P85! :love:

2015-11-29_1-35-40.jpg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpg

Very happy with my car and with the company. I still have my tesla grin whenever I drive this bad boy. :rolleyes:

Congrats DrPhoton. You will love every minute you drive your car especially in SD where it's always beautiful and sunny.

Its funny because when we picked up the car last year, there was a storm. On my anniversary date yesterday, it's raining hard again.

+1 on the loving every minute I drive it. Also, spent many hours yesterday detailing the car and giving it a thorough Zaino treatment, so I got to inspect it in great detail. The paint is almost completely perfect everywhere - I did find one tiny bubble in the clear coat, but it's hardly noticeable and not in a critical location. After yesterday I'm even more impressed with the overall quality and beauty of the car.