Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Sellers often dislike online discussions of their cars asking price, buyers often appreciate such discussions because they can get a better feel for the market and the reasonableness -- or not -- of the asking price.

I used to participate in a vintage car forum -- which I will not name -- where some sellers complained so vociferously about online comments that they succeeded in changing the forum so that comments in for sale topics were prohibited. I thought that was an absurd overreaction. I am glad that no one here seems to be advocating for such a change. Let the discussion continue...

Reactions to the new D's being delivered during December will likely affect the supply of used cars.
If people go gaga over dual motors and all, more Model S's will hit the market and some sellers may be highly motivated.
On a side note, most people who comment on inflated prices for used cars have shown admirable restraint. The more discussion there is, the more likely buyers can make educated decisions and sellers can bring expectations into clearer focus.

I think that's a great idea. Once a FOR SALE thread is started it should be automatically locked so no comments could be made, except by PM.

Sounds perfect.

Probably not going to happen. People know if they post here, they're posting in a forum. By definition, they're inviting ongoing commentary. There are other avenues for advertising if the seller does not want public feedback.

In other words there are numerous options for a seller if they are only looking for a dork who is desperate and is not clued in on the current market conditions.

Here you will see comments like, 'this is a great deal and will sell immediately' meaning you are under selling, as much as, 'what makes you think someone will bite at this price?'

I am selling my late husband's car on this forum so that someone can enjoy the car as much as he did. I would have expected a better class of people on this forum as well, but I see that I was mistaken. I am referring especially to you 'Jinsocal'. You have posted your rhetoric on other Tesla's for sale posts, I would have expected the website master to prevent people like you from posting on this forum. If you have a Tesla great, then allow someone else to enjoy such an awesome car, if not and you feel that the price is too high then shop on and stop trying to influence people on this forum that this is some type of scam.

THANK YOU!......like I have said many times people should keep their opinions to themselves. People selling their items DO NOT need advice on what to list their cars for that's a BS excuse from VITAMAN.

And yes there should be more moderation of the for sale section.

What do you have to hide that you don't want any discussion about the price? If the price is reasonable you should be able to discuss why it is reasonable. So far I have yet to hear a reasonable rebuttal on why a 1 year old used S85 with about 12K miles is worth anywhere near $90K when a potential buyer can look for and find a similar car for the late 60s or early 70s.

I could be wrong, but it may be related to PlanB's attempt to sell a used Model S for six figures a while back: 2014 - No Longer Available (the thread has since been stripped of all relevant info and his/her responses, but you can still glean some details from the other comments)

I could be wrong, but it may be related to PlanB's attempt to sell a used Model S for six figures a while back: 2014 - No Longer Available (the thread has since been stripped of all relevant info and his/her responses, but you can still glean some details from the other comments)

Has nothing to do with the sale of my car. It has to do with people keeping their opinions in the for sale section to themselves. Which clearly you and others don't seem to get. Clearly missing the point.

THANK YOU!......like I have said many times people should keep their opinions to themselves. People selling their items DO NOT need advice on what to list their cars for that's a BS excuse from VITAMAN.

And yes there should be more moderation of the for sale section.

Except for your opinion of course. Funny how frequently you are posting in the For Sale forum when you aren't looking to sell or buy. Can't help yourself?

It is interesting to me that when the vehicles are sold we are in the dark on the actual sales price.
I have been looking on autotrader as well, and noticed that the number of model s vehicles has gone from under 100 to 200 now. Supply and demand from basic economics will drive the marketplace.
I too have talked with the tesla dealers and found model S 85kw less than $70K.
I know that many are getting angry over the value. The data and economics will dictate price.
We should all be transparent with the data.
This is a revolutionary vehicle with fantastic technology.

it never ceases to amaze me how people seem to intentionally kill sales threads! this is a buyer be whare world and while many of us want to be good samaritans, I do wonder if we aren't actually contributing to an artificially depressed resale market, something that could eventually depress sales of the car new and hurt the EV movement. I've purchased and sold high end specialty tech on forums like this and can attest to the fact that people jumping in and commenting who have no interest in actual purchase, tend to scuttle a thread and ruin the chance of sale. a thread with a bunch of negativity in it, will often turn off prospective buyers. if someone wants to buy a used Tesla S today, for whatever reason and is willing to pay a premium to someone who is selling used, I have no issue with that, it is the buyers prerogative to be the one haggling with the seller and doing their homework. maybe comments in these sale threads should be limited to actual interest in purchase or if their is reasonable suspicion of fraud. how about letting the market decide what a car is worth? from what I've seen here with so many folks who have no actual interest in purchasing jumping in with snarky comments, no one in their right mind would try and sell their car on TMC. that said, a bit more self restraint is always preferred to censoring.