Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 year anniversary data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 years today!
photo.JPG

30765 miles
11355 kWhr (displayed energy used) - 12749 kWhr (energy added as displayed by car)
longest 1 day trip - 580 miles - 202 kWhr Los Altos - Las Vegas

2645 hand logged trips! yow

showing that I use 271.5 Whr/mi for the rated # based on all of the data
(279 pulling out just trips over 15 miles)

tires: mi kWhr kWhr/mi ave
21" Conti 9377 3507 374
21" Hankook 10188 3630 356
19" RE-11 1585 757 472
19" PSS(MRR) 1681 611 363 *
19" PSS(CF5V) 1541 624 405 *
19" AS2 6393 2235 350
(*same tires)
car is practically just like brand new...only much better now + well tested!

1.jpg

2.jpg

SOC
3.jpg

4.jpg

Lifetime Whr/mi
5.jpg

Last edited:
Tire selection is scary (as in how many).

Just past my 2 years ... just got over 18K miles.....

Ok let me add some disclosures(?)
the RE-11 were specifically for racing autocross.
PSS were/are also for racing but I drove to Laguna Seca and back on them and like them a lot so just kept them on until it got wet.
The 21" hankooks are mostly worn out and the AS2s are solid and maybe only 1/4 used if that, and I usually try to drift on them when it is wet out
The PSS have held up really well for how much torture I gave them and are wearing evenly in the rear but the fronts are scrubbing the outer edge off from cornering so hard.
haven't heard anyone complain about that yet? (I think the front needs the camber of the rear)

the first set of tires were well used for giving lots of screaming 0-60-0 test rides:wink:

really interesting that I hit the magic Tesla number 369 kWhr/mi and it also happens to be the racing number that I picked!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I have enjoyed following your adventures. I remember you posted a picture jumping up and down in a cemetery. Back then I followed every delivery while waiting for ours. We are 3 weeks from our 2 year anniversary at 34,000 miles.

O
Out of curiosity, what app did you use to visualize your data?

Haha, app? ;)
I have hand logged trips the whole time! Started visible tesla last x-mas but still hand log.
Lots more data for this year on vt, but this is all from my diary in my car. I can break out all race days or see my trips to/from work etc. also log when car is regen & power limited at temps too

Why do you think the miles and kWhr plots are so different? I would have thought they would have the same shape. What am I missing? Also there is an unexpected difference in the integrated frequency between the two plots. The daily kWhr seems to add up to many more days!

Last edited:
O

Haha, app? ;)
I have hand logged trips the whole time! Started visible tesla last x-mas but still hand log.
Lots more data for this year on vt, but this is all from my diary in my car. I can break out all race days or see my trips to/from work etc. also log when car is regen & power limited at temps too

I meant the graph visuals not how you logged the data. I'd assume that was a combo of visible Tesla and hand logging

I meant the graph visuals not how you logged the data. I'd assume that was a combo of visible Tesla and hand logging

Ah,xcel.
And none of the data is from vt, I could pull my vt log from this year and check Sc rate difference between my A batt and D battery or other stuff.

stats.jpg

Why do you think the miles and kWhr plots are so different? I would have thought they would have the same shape. What am I missing? Also there is an unexpected difference in the integrated frequency between the two plots. The daily kWhr seems to add up to many more days!
should be the same # of days in each - was from 2 complete columns

I think I drive many similar distance trips with very different kWhr use. either depending on temps or driving style. Those plots are daily mi and kWhr not trips
so say I use 10kWhr per day. those days could be <20mi (especially on autocross days) or maybe up to 35 miles - that covers 4 bins of miles from just 1 bin on the daily kWhr graph if that makes sense

Last edited:
Your last graph in your OP is labeled "Lifetime kWhr/mi" but I think you meant "Lifetime Whr/mi". Many hundreds of kWhr/mi would be insane -- You wouldn't even be able to drive a fully-charged car even half-a-mile.