Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No. 453 in Twilight Blue for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to sell this 13 month-old Roadster even though it’s the most fun I’ve ever had while driving. 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds is fun, but 30 to 90 mph is awesome!

Details: 2008 model, 3,000 miles, No. 453, California car pool lane sticker, and Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) parking decal

Exterior:
  • Twilight Blue metallic paint
  • Soft-top convertible

Interior:
  • Stereo unit with navigation
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • Sirius satellite radio
  • Premium 7-speaker sound with subwoofer
  • Homelink door opener
  • Premium two-toned leather interior

Security features:
  • Vehicle theft-deterrent and immobilizer system
  • Security PIN for starting the vehicle
  • Valet mode to restrict power output

Charging
  • Selling with high power home charging station
  • Spare mobile charging connector

Asking: $82,500
Send interest or questions via SMS to (949) 510-5847 include phone number or email address for reply.

m.png

m.png

s.png
s.png
s.png

Last edited:
Unless they've changed it since the last time I tried, valet mode doesn't restrict speed, range or acceleration. It does impose a power limit, which means you get a lot of acceleration when going slowly, but it tapers off as speed increases. Last time I tried it, I hit 80 mph before driving conditions forced me to slow down.

Unless they've changed it since the last time I tried, valet mode doesn't restrict speed, range or acceleration. It does impose a power limit, which means you get a lot of acceleration when going slowly, but it tapers off as speed increases. Last time I tried it, I hit 80 mph before driving conditions forced me to slow down.

Shouldn't this be under a "Valet Mode" thread?

Shouldn't this be under a "Valet Mode" thread?

He was referring to the valet mode description in LuisV's initial post:

Valet mode to restrict speed, acceleration, and range

But LuisV is correct that the speed is restricted (at least in the 2010), as seen in the owner's manual:

When valet mode is active, your vehicle’s power is limited and the Touch Screen displays activity information about the vehicle. The maximum speed the vehicle can travel in valet mode is 50 mph (80 kmh).

However, since LuisV's car is 9 months old, would that make it a 2008? Or were they selling 2010s that far back?

It's a 2008, you can tell by the interior. (take a look at the gear shifter.... the 2010's have a pushbutton gear selector, not a traditional looking one.

- mnx

He was referring to the valet mode description in LuisV's initial post:

But LuisV is correct that the speed is restricted (at least in the 2010), as seen in the owner's manual:

However, since LuisV's car is 9 months old, would that make it a 2008? Or were they selling 2010s that far back?

Out of curiosity, did VIN 453 have a salvage title? I'm curious to know why it sold for so little.

No, it was not a salvage title. 453 was in perfect condition. $77K was the best retail price we could get. Several dealers offered $70K. 453 and 396 both had eBay auctions bid up to the low $70,000's. So $77K seemed to be a good price after being on the market for almost five months.