Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of Obeche matte with black interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

Sorry I don't have a more complete picture with both seats and the dash but here you go.

Everyone has different tastes but if there is one practical advantage to getting the matte wood, it would be that it's MUCH easier to maintain than anything glossy. I go over all the surfaces in the car with a Swiffer duster and voila, job done. Had a loaner with beige interior and carbon fiber last week and personally did not like it as much. I also ordered the matte wood almost sight unseen but my OA was amazing and drove a car out on his day off that had it just so I could see it in person so don't be afraid to ask because Tesla customer service is amazing.

We really love ours. It's quite understated and very homely. Please let us know what light do you want to see it in -- I'll try to get tomorrow

I also ordered the Obeche Matte, (with Grey interior) and did it completely sight unseen. (I hadn't seen the car either.) I really think I'll like it, and the pictures everyone posts certainly help solidify that.

I'm wondering what word you were looking for above though, romp, as I'm sure it wasn't "homely." I'm torn between "homey" and "comely" as my guesses. (Homely means, basically, ugly.) We don't want it to get spread around the forums that people who own Obeche Matte interiors are calling it homely! :)

I have the textile headliner as the black alcantra was not available when I ordered the car and I received my VIN # early and was told I could not change it. I have a black exterior as well and thought I would mind the color difference but now sitting in it, I rather like it as it makes the car brighter since I did not get the pano roof.

Pics request please if anyone has:

-Black seats, Black headliner, Obeche matte or gloss

+1.

I love the black seats, black alcantra headliner look -- basically, all black. I had a 2014 loaner once that had next-gen front seats, in black leather, with carbon fiber interior. Loved it. But I think I might prefer the Obeche matte over the carbon.

I currently have the Obeche gloss with tan leather seats with light colored headliner, and the headliner, and especially the driver's B pillar, suffers from lots of clothes-rubbing and hat-rubbing so it gets dirty. I figure the black alcantra headliner would hide a multitude of sins.

If and when I get another Tesla, definitely all-black interior!