Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windward Mall (Oahu) - 4 stalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 Stalls, good location, EXPENSIVE.

At least this ICE car has the handicap

20141129_104434.jpg

20141129_104459.jpg
20141129_104420.jpg

Yes, Blink is very expensive here. I never use them because of this.

Here's what they pay for electricity:
http://www.hawaiianelectric.com/vcmcontent/FileScan/PDF/EnergyServices/Tarrifs/HECO/HECORatesSchJ.pdf

Let's break it down:

$60.00 per month for commercial service
$11.69/kW for the demand charge. For a 5 kW Blink single station (208 v at 24 amps), that is $58.45 per month demand charge for a 5 kW demand.
And on top of that, then they are billed 16.9 cents per kWh.

The national average is for a station to be used once every other day for two hours.

So here is what those 4 Blinks cost just for the energy bill...

$60 service fee
Assume two in use at one time to set a demand charge of $58.45 x 2 = $117
Assume 20 kWh per day (2 units per day at 2 hours each x 5 kW) x 16.9 cents/kWh = $3.38 per day or $101 per month

$60 + $117 + $101 = $278 total and they will have dispensed 600 kWh per month.
So it cost them the equivalent of 46 cents per kWh JUST FOR THE ENERGY.

Add in maintenance, network service, back office, billing, insurance, credit card fees, etc and 69 cents per kWh is probably less than they are paying to deliver the energy and charging service...

When you need it, the price isn't bad for what they're paying to make it available...

They have covered parking at Windward Mall now?? I haven't been back home in a long time, but I didn't ever think they would ever do that. I do know they have a theater in there now. :)

Yep, they do. But its only a fraction of the total number of spaces in the parking lots. The covered parking is on the mauka side of the mall. Its near the space where JCP used to be and the theaters are now. It bunts up against one side of the old cemetery. On the other side of that same cemetery area is Sears upper level parking lot.

Yep, they do. But its only a fraction of the total number of spaces in the parking lots. The covered parking is on the mauka side of the mall. Its near the space where JCP used to be and the theaters are now. It bunts up against one side of the old cemetery. On the other side of that same cemetery area is Sears upper level parking lot.
Thanks Akikiki. I had to use Google maps after I saw your post just to see what it looked like. I don't usually go in that way, so it might have been there the last time I was home (~9 years ago). I remember before the mall was constructed, we use to dare people to go down the road to the graveyard which had very tall California grass surrounding the entire property.
Someone cut down my former neighbors mango tree and all the fruit trees that were in our yard (liche, dragon eye, lemon, coconut, and avocado). Who doesn't want free fruit?