Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erie, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we're ready for a thread devoted to Erie.

It's on Tesla's radar (whew!) and now we await some building permits.

This might be too late in the game, but I thought I'd throw this out as a proposed location. JakeP and I found it a long time ago but I don't we ever posted or shared it (other than with Tesla... I think... I can't remember). I was driving through the area twice IN MY GAS CAR this past week and did some one sight scouting.

The location is right off Peach St and close to I-90. An isolated and seemingly random scrap of parking lot (should discourage ICEing) that both highly visible (in a Y in the road) and also close to everything. Really about any kind of food you could want is in walking distance, plus shopping like HHGregg, Petsmart, Home Depot and Walmart. There is plenty of surrounding lawn for the Supercharger cabinets, dog walk, and maybe a picnic table or two-- should it ever be desired.

Here's a spin-video (should be online soon, uploading now):

Chrome Legacy Window 1212014 81231 AM.jpg

Erie, PA - Google Maps - Google Chrome 1212014 81302 AM.jpg

Erie, PA - Google Maps - Google Chrome 1212014 81316 AM.jpg

I envision the Superchargers located on the longer side with the short side being used for pulling your nose in so that reversing into the charger slots would be more or less a straight shot back.

IMG_1044.JPG

High profile location for those gleaming new cabinets.

IMG_1047.JPG

My trusty GAS steed.... since we couldn't take our Intergalactic Spaceship of Wonder and Light to the good people of the Finger Lakes.

IMG_1050.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice documentation of the site, Newscutter...but I cannot take credit for discovering this spot, I think that honor belongs to JRRENO, many moons ago!

Thanks for starting this thread! I actually sent an email to the supercharger team with this information about two months ago. I did not receive any reply :-(. Nicely documented though, better than I could do!

This is exciting. Erie is so important to me. Live in Rochester and need to travel to Pittsburgh for family events. Looks like we will have something "soon" here. With Buffalo on line perhaps in the spring, western NY will have access to western PA.
However, until Buffalo and Erie come around, does anyone have any experience traveling from Rochester NY to the Cranberry Supercharger? - looks to be impossible to reach at ~ 269 miles. So, charging in Erie, or somewhere else in between will be necessary.

ROCDOC, I have a daughter in Pittsburgh and one in the Rochester area. See this thread:

Pittsburgh , Pa to Rochester, Ny

I will add that this documents a summer trip. I don't know if Evangola is available in the winter. There is also the White Inn and several other L2 sites near Fredonia. I have seen them on plug share but have no personal experience.
Erie would be a great improvement for this trip.

Last edited:
One other option are two Tesla owners on plugshare in the Buffalo area, Bruce and Ron. You could take advantage of Bruce's 80amp HPWC. Have not interacted with either but as I say they are listed on plugshare.

Supercharger between Cleveland and Buffalo along I 90?

I see that Tesla has built a Supercharger kinda sorta near I-90 in the Cleveland area, and is building one in Buffalo now, around 203 miles away. Looking at the 2015 future Tesla Supercharger map, I'm surprised I don't see a dot somewhere between Cleveland and Buffalo that will reduce that 203 miles? That's going to be a bit of a stretch for the S60 owners, no?

For example, Google Maps shows the best route from Chicago to Boston following I-90 between Cleveland and Buffalo. All the other dots (future and present) show enough space between them for an S60 to make it with little difficulty. That Cleveland/Buffalo stretch looks like it would be a killer, forcing guys to take an alternate (i.e. longer) route.