Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW FL Tesla Group Weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I have been able to post on TMC but I'm back! First of all I would like to welcome back all our seasonal owners to SW FL.

I would like to see if there is any interest in having a weekend event in the Naples area some time in 2015. Similar to the Club Med event, we would ideally have a block of rooms at a resort with an itinerary that includes activities, lunch/dinner plans, etc. Unfortunately there are not any "all inclusive" resorts in SW FL but I have received a few suggestions from club members Amy Turner and Margo Vincent who has met up with me a couple of times to discuss options. (Thanks ladies!). We have discussed South Seas Island Resort (Captiva Island), Naples Beach Hotel & Gulf Club, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa (Bonita Springs), and the Ritz Carlton Naples to name a few. We are looking at April, May, June months since prices in the height of season are extremely expensive in this area. Please feel free to give me suggestions of hotels, dates, activities, etc. Of course charging options will be taken into account and most of these hotels are around 20-25 miles from the Ft. Myers Supercharger.

Erol

This plan sounds great. The Hotels, dates and location all are good. Barring work travel schedule conflicts, I would attend. The Naples location is easy to get to from north or east. Thus, seems we could have good participation from both Tampa/Sarasota folks, and those from southeast region.

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I have been able to post on TMC but I'm back! First of all I would like to welcome back all our seasonal owners to SW FL.

I would like to see if there is any interest in having a weekend event in the Naples area some time in 2015. Similar to the Club Med event, we would ideally have a block of rooms at a resort with an itinerary that includes activities, lunch/dinner plans, etc. Unfortunately there are not any "all inclusive" resorts in SW FL but I have received a few suggestions from club members Amy Turner and Margo Vincent who has met up with me a couple of times to discuss options. (Thanks ladies!). We have discussed South Seas Island Resort (Captiva Island), Naples Beach Hotel & Gulf Club, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa (Bonita Springs), and the Ritz Carlton Naples to name a few. We are looking at April, May, June months since prices in the height of season are extremely expensive in this area. Please feel free to give me suggestions of hotels, dates, activities, etc. Of course charging options will be taken into account and most of these hotels are around 20-25 miles from the Ft. Myers Supercharger.

Erol

Hi Erol,

Welcome back and thanks for your efforts.

This potential event would be significant and close enough to a Supercharger Station to offer it as a statewide event, particularly if the Plantation Supercharger was operational in time for the event.

With regard to charging options, to assist in planning it should be noted that the South Seas Island Resort has two full capacity HPWCs and is 34 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

There are two Ritz-Carltons in Naples, The Ritz-Carlton Naples on Vanderbilt Beach Rd which is 22 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers and the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort on Tiberon Rd. The Golf Resort also has two full capacity HPWCs and it is 19 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

The Naples Beach Hotel & Gulf Club is 28 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa is 11 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

The Resorts with two HPWCs can do a full charge in just 4 hours. Therefore, it would be possible to rotate quite a few cars during a weekend without the need to stop at a Supercharger.

Thanks again.

Larry

Hi Erol,

Welcome back and thanks for your efforts.

This potential event would be significant and close enough to a Supercharger Station to offer it as a statewide event, particularly if the Plantation Supercharger was operational in time for the event.

With regard to charging options, to assist in planning it should be noted that the South Seas Island Resort has two full capacity HPWCs and is 34 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

There are two Ritz-Carltons in Naples, The Ritz-Carlton Naples on Vanderbilt Beach Rd which is 22 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers and the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort on Tiberon Rd. The Golf Resort also has two full capacity HPWCs and it is 19 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

The Naples Beach Hotel & Gulf Club is 28 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa is 11 miles from the Fort Myers Superchargers.

The Resorts with two HPWCs can do a full charge in just 4 hours. Therefore, it would be possible to rotate quite a few cars during a weekend without the need to stop at a Supercharger.

Thanks again.

Larry

Thank you Larry for all the great information. I definitely think this could be a statewide event, especially if Naples gets their EV charging stations up by then. Just not sure what type they will be. I will have about 5 months to plan this so hopefully it will be a great turn out. Larry I think your idea of a mass e-mail may be a good, or a "Potential Event" evite to see how many club members would be interested. The count would be necessary for the block of rooms and possible discount just like ClubMed.

Nick, we missed you and your wife at the Sarasota event. Love your News From The Frunk series. Maybe I will come video bomb your show and be a co-host. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

This plan sounds great. The Hotels, dates and location all are good. Barring work travel schedule conflicts, I would attend. The Naples location is easy to get to from north or east. Thus, seems we could have good participation from both Tampa/Sarasota folks, and those from southeast region.

I agree, and as Larry said maybe even state wide. Thank you for your feedback.

I should mention that this type of event would be confined to our club members and their guests.

However, if you are not a member and are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club and attending this event, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry