Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Penalty fees for Electric Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Tax, fee, whatever you call it, it's discrimination.
Invasion of the Electrics | KQED's Climate Watch

.” Another idea promoted by the PUC's independent Division of Ratepayer Advocates is a five-dollar monthly fee on EV drivers that would go into upgrading grid infrastructure, like adding or upgrading local transformers, as needed.
“If electric vehicles need (additional) infrastructure, they should pay for it and not spread the cost across all ratepayers,” says DRA's deputy director Dave Ashuckian.
EV drivers may bristle at being treated differently than other power users, especially when they feel they're doing society a favor by switching to a cleaner fuel source

Why does eevry ignore that the power companies are a For-Profit operation. Even municipalities make money if they need to.

EV drivers may bristle at being treated differently than other power users, especially when they feel they're doing society a favor by switching to a cleaner fuel source

That quote actually sums up my first thought when I read the title.

As much as I'd hate to see additional taxes on gas until electric vehicles become more widely available (and affordable) why not put an extra tax on gasoline specifically because it ruins the air?