Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quadrofoil

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very neat. Looks like they have attached a torqueedo electric outboard motor to a hydrofoil hull. As a boater, this looks nice for lakes but I'd be skeptical for marine use in rough seas.

Torqueedo.com has developed the first all electric onboard motor. Perhaps another future customer for the gigafactory.

I have not seen yet how it is supposed to be transported.

I'm wondering the same thing. Presumably the fins are detachable and seeing as the hull floats and is lightweight it could be pulled up on to a trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Very neat. Looks like they have attached a torqueedo electric outboard motor to a hydrofoil hull. As a boater, this looks nice for lakes but I'd be skeptical for marine use in rough seas.

Quadrofoil looks to have better range and speed than Torqeedo. They claim it'll do fine in 20" waves and by the looks of it I guess it will, but waves will probably also be a big power drain.

Wow this is something that should be brought to Elon's and Tesla's attention.

Can you image a battery transfer station at the marina that moves the car battery to your high tech Tesla hydrofoil smooth riding boat?

Last edited: