Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How It's Made - Dream Cars: Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's on now on the Science Channel. Replay at 1:00AM.

Excellent look inside the factory.

How Its Made TV Schedule : Science Channel

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 10.24.39 PM.png

Thanks for posting this thread.. I was going to but got busy today.

Great episode showing lots of stuff most of us haven't seen before -- like the motor assembly and other testing stuff. Really great episode without a lot of the boring "fluff" we've all seen before.

fantastic doc

..but the music ;(

PS: really surprised at the amt of non automated manual labor segments of the manufacturing. Kinda makes me think of human error leading to reliability or fit/finish issues. Esp once they get to model 3 and making 100 000s of cars a year.

Thanks for posting this information. I did a Search on my cable system and viola! There was the episode in Video On Demand!
Was able to watch it immediately. Really nice clips on how the motor is made. The 3 phase coils are sewn and embedded in
an epoxy donut. The inverter looks complex but the differential appears very simple.

Did not know they dyno each engine AND each assembled car.

I think the episode was very nicely done.

Watched it last night as well... reasonably well done as regards details and accuracy. As others have mentioned, some good footage of parts/processes I hadn't seen publicly before. Pretty informative for the average person I'd think.

I also grabbed a copy of the video that was uploaded and sent it to a friend of mine who has his Model S coming in December... thanks to whomever put that up.