Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser HTML5 Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm really in to Teslas. Unfortunately, I do not have one yet. However, I am looking in to building a web app for them, and I was wondering if anybody knew how the well the browser supported HTML5 and treated web pages?

Specifically, I am looking at AJAX, Geolocation, Web notifications and how it treats websites when the car is locked.

Also, would anybody potentially be willing to run a test for me? It would not store any personal data, and would be as simple as opening a webpage and letting it sit.

Thanks very much,
Ari

Hi,

I'm really in to Teslas. Unfortunately, I do not have one yet. However, I am looking in to building a web app for them, and I was wondering if anybody knew how the well the browser supported HTML5 and treated web pages?

Specifically, I am looking at AJAX, Geolocation, Web notifications and how it treats websites when the car is locked.

Also, would anybody potentially be willing to run a test for me? It would not store any personal data, and would be as simple as opening a webpage and letting it sit.

Thanks very much,
Ari

I'm not sure all the features which the browser supports, but I will happily test a website for you.

Denarius, Thanks again for helping.

After playing around with my own testing solution, I think the best thing would be if you could go here, give it permission, then put in whatever you want for the title and message (but make sure you have both), then click "Display Notification". Then if you could take a picture of the popup for me that would be awesome!

Thanks Again!
Ari

Here are some screen shots from html5test.com from the cars browser. Hopefully this helps and that they are readable.

photo 1 - Copy (2).JPG
photo 2 - Copy (2).JPG
photo 3 - Copy.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Denarius, Thanks again for helping.

After playing around with my own testing solution, I think the best thing would be if you could go here, give it permission, then put in whatever you want for the title and message (but make sure you have both), then click "Display Notification". Then if you could take a picture of the popup for me that would be awesome!

Thanks Again!
Ari

I was unable to toggle permission on, nothing happened when I tapped or swiped the toggle. Hitting the text input box would bring up the keyboard but no text would enter when I hit letters.