Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How has supercharger capacity been this turkey day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Might be making a supercharger trip south from NJ tonight... anyone been on this route today? (Newark DE, Woodbridge VA, Glen Allen, VA, etc) ? Just curious if things are getting crowded or not.

:)

My fiance made the trip down in her S while I hauled my P85 behind a U-haul.

Newark had no one else.
Woodbridge had one other Tesla show up, entire parking lot full except for the Tesla spaces. No ICEing, fortunately.
Glen Allen has no one else.
South Hill was empty.
Burlington was empty.

So, an uneventful trip. Aside from high Wh/mi in the upper 300s (21" rims, sub-freezing temps + cabin heater, and slightly under-inflated tires due to the cold) all was fine. On one part of the trip she actually used over 450 Wh/mi over ~90 miles since the ECO Auto climate setting was pulling in fresh 20F air to heat the cabin...

My S made it in good shape too. Had to use some 2x6's on the ramps of the U-haul trailer even with the suspension on "Very High" so that it didn't scrape going on/off. Aside from being filthy from the trip behind the 6 MPG truck, no issues.

Tejon Ranch was full today (Sunday) around noon, flatbed dropped one off in street & he drove in to charge, he avoided talking to the owners that were hanging out...

IMG_0046.JPG