Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory car but not tax rebate - good deal on price????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to figure out if this is a good deal?? DEALER CAR. Here are the specs below. No tax credit on top of this price because they told me that it was originally titled out of Michigan so they just built the tax credit in. It has 8,000 miles and is silver. Here is what it has below; $89,200 originally. Selling it to me for $72,600. Details on what it has are below; NO AUTO PILOT CAPABILITIES.

Model S -
85 kWh Battery -
Silver Metallic Paint -

Body Color Roof -

19" Wheels -

19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -

Black Nappa Leather Seats -

Piano Black Décor -

-

Matching Yacht Floor
Single Charger -
Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package -
Standard Suspension -
Parking Sensors -
Premium Interior Lighting -
Parcel Shelf -
Brake Calipers – Black

$9k off new for no autopilot + all other new features (-$5k) and 8000 presumably not loved miles (-$8k).

Certainly not a good deal. If you pay sales tax in your state, I suppose there is a savings there might make it an ok deal.

Manufacture date? Are we talking early 2014 build or 2013 or what?

I'd question hard that an "inventory" car was titled? Makes no sense. Technically not an inventory car I think. I'd want to know if it was a demo for 8,000 miles. I'd want a huge discount for that. Absolutely huge.

It is a 2014. Yeah don't understand the title. Someone took the tax credit. Sounds like a used car with a 17K discount to me? Rims have some scratches. Sounds like a demo or a loaner car.

- - - Updated - - -

I did just look and there doesn't seem to be hardly any used 85S Tesla's in the used marketplace for under 80K. Maybe they won't get that price but not many at all. The one's that are seem to be 78K.

Not at all a good deal. Offer $62K or $65K maximum as for the mid to late 70s you can actually buy a P85.

PE: And oh yuck I just noticed it has no sunroof! I'd never consider a car without a sunroof. I'd offer no mire than $60k.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out if this is a good deal?? DEALER CAR. Here are the specs below. No tax credit on top of this price because they told me that it was originally titled out of Michigan so they just built the tax credit in. It has 8,000 miles and is silver. Here is what it has below; $89,200 originally. Selling it to me for $72,600. Details on what it has are below; NO AUTO PILOT CAPABILITIES.

Heard tonight the lowest inventory price currently in the east is 78k, for a loaded 60. Used P85's are where the value is, but I'd get this S85 before the inventory 60 (plus tax-credit).

It doesn't sound to me like the took the $7500 tax credit off the price. I purchased a very similarly spec'd MC Red inventory S85 in California two weeks ago with 6700 miles for under $72k AND got the $7500 tax credit and $2500 California rebate.

that is the kind of deal I was looking for and will probably hold out for that type of a deal. See they titled the car in Michigan and that is where the problem is. Something about federal law. Strange that now no one gets the $7,500 credit on the car. I could get a brand new fairly loaded 60 with autopilot for same price after tax credit, so not a real big deal for this car in my opinion.