Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva 2010 by CroDriver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car for the journey :

DSC05934.jpg

DSC06556.jpg

DSC06557.jpg

Rain in Zagreb:

DSC05868.jpg

DSC05870.jpg

Snow in Munich...

DSC05875.jpg

Next morning to Nürnberg to the Embedded world (geek expo :biggrin:). You can always find interesting cars on the Autobahn

DSC05876.jpg

Probably the new X3

Some stuff from the Embedded world

DSC05877.jpg

Interesting stuff fore someone who plans to produce a car :tongue:

DSC05878.jpg

DSC05880.jpg

DSC05884.jpg

DSC05889.jpg

Geek quiz :biggrin:

DSC05891.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

Originalne Nürnberger Bratwurst :)

DSC05905.jpg

Switzerland

DSC05935.jpg

DSC05936.jpg

And a little more snow :rolleyes:

DSC05938.jpg

Geneva

DSC05945.jpg

DSC05946.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05949.jpg

DSC05952.jpg

DSC05954.jpg

It was too crowded so my photos aren't the best...

DSC05956.jpg

DSC05960.jpg

DSC05961.jpg

DSC05966.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05972.jpg

One of the few exhibited EVs that has a WORKING powertrain...

DSC05974.jpg

DSC05979.jpg

DSC05983.jpg

DSC05987.jpg

Stunning coverage. It had to be overwhelming. What would you say the count was for full BEVs and PHEVs?

What was that one at the end with the swirly white framework?

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate all the work.

Stunning coverage. It had to be overwhelming. What would you say the count was for full BEVs and PHEVs?

What was that one at the end with the swirly white framework?

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate all the work.

Hi vfx.

I guess that there have been 20 BHVs and 20 PHEVs. But only 3 or 4 BEVs that are ready for the market and and one PHEV (Toyota Prius).

The car with the "swirly framework" (it's not the car's frame btw) is a Alfa Romeo - Bertone concept car.

The fair was a lot bigger last year and Frankfurt is even much bigger. I have to see them all every year :rolleyes:

DSC05891.jpg

Return p, not s...

This works:
#include <malloc.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>

char * copyandreverse(s)
char *s;
{
int i,j, length;
char *p;
length = strlen(s);
p = malloc(strlen(s+1));
j=length-1;
for (i=0;i<length; i++){
p = s[j];
j--;
}
p[length] = '\0';
return p;
}

main(argc, argv)
int argc;
char *argv[];
{
printf ("Copyrev: %s\n", copyandreverse(argv[1]));
}

% ./copyrev CopyAndReverse
Copyrev: esreveRdnAypoC

DSC05891.jpg

Return p, not s...

This works:

% ./copyrev CopyAndReverse
Copyrev: esreveRdnAypoC

It works, but only because you're lucky. There's a buffer overflow: p = malloc(strlen(s+1)) allocates 1 FEWER bytes than the length of s, not one more, since the +1 operates on the string pointer, not the size. They meant to write p = malloc(strlen(s)+1).

We take our buffer overflows seriously here at Microsoft! (Not that we seem to be able to get rid of all of them!)

Thanks for the great photographs and coverage of the show.

One observation: Did you notice the BYD charging station and how the screws on the cover are crimping at the holes? If that is any indication of quality fit and finish from that company, it will be interesting to see what is done on the car, both on the physical fit and finish and on the actual electronics and mechanics. Interesting.

How comfortable are you with the p = malloc(strlen(s+1)); statement?

OK, so I don't work as a programmer anymore! I guess my neighboring structure didn't mind an extra byte intruding for a moment. Plus my ancient unix machine doesn't seem to have any bounds checking enforcement enabled to let me know that the app was participating in some risky behavior.

bolosky said:
It works, but only because you're lucky.
(As Clint Eastwood says to me... did you allocate 6 bytes or only 5? Feeling lucky, punk?)

They meant to write p = malloc(strlen(s)+1).

Personally, I'd rewrite it as p = malloc(length+1); since that's computationally more efficient, plus it reads better, IMO. But, modern compilers would probably eliminate that extra strlen() call, regardless.

@AJC: This is work! Spreading the word about buffer overflows is a duty that should never be shirked, no matter where they are found. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the great photographs and coverage of the show.

One observation: Did you notice the BYD charging station and how the screws on the cover are crimping at the holes? If that is any indication of quality fit and finish from that company, it will be interesting to see what is done on the car, both on the physical fit and finish and on the actual electronics and mechanics. Interesting.

The feeling and physical quality is horrible. I was thinking that the car is high quality since I was reading a lot about it and it seemed to be a decent car but I'm really disappointed. You can't sit normal in the car, especially on the rear seats because of the battery in the bottom

The plastics in European cars form the 70s look better than this

But I like the high power charging station. It actually works! Not like all that mules that European companies are presenting

DSC06018.jpg

Last edited:
But I like the high power charging station. It actually works! Not like all that mules that European companies are presenting

What's funny is that when I asked them about the charging station I was told that that was the "medium power charging station" if you wanted "high power" you'd have to get a different station.