Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'll take Tesla for $200, Alex - Tesla on Jeopardy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were all with pics from the factory. One showed large coils of metal and the answer was, "This metal, atomic #13, is used for the body."
Another I don't remember the answer, but the question was electromagnetic induction (that was the $1000 clue).
Don't recall the others, but one of them included something about 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Must have been taped before the D event.

Bonnie, it must be on early by you. I posted this as it was on here, 6 PM, MST, which is 5 PM in CA. When I lived on the east coast, it was on at 7 PM.

Tesla on Jeopardy!

Tesla was on Jeopardy tonight, it's own topic, each answer with a video from the factory - great advertising! I have a lame iPhone video, if anyone can grab or has the actual footage, please post, otherwise I'll put one up later. Question to $1,000 answer was 'What is induction?' No one got it, but I'm sure people on this forum did!

We didn't have any answers on the battery, but did on resistance welding (after telling us about self punching rivets and adhesive connections).

Yeah, we got the big bucks. Again we see how Tesla does advertising.

I was trying to imagine other car companies being highlighted:

Alex: "The answer is, How is BMW exactly like Ford, Chrysler, GM, Mercedes, etc?"

"What is made of hundreds of moving parts that wear out and have to be replaced?"

Too many answers to list. I'm sure you all can come up with better.

It was very telling how all contestants left that category until the very end. I was screaming at my TV "Pick Tesla"!
Hopefully that educated the over 60 crowd to the awesomeness that is Tesla, LOL. Now, if they could only get a product placement on The Amazing Race, then everyone would become Tesla fans.

There are plenty of us owners and enthusiasts in the "over 60 crowd", you know.

I thought it was pretty telling too that the contestants completely avoided the Tesla category until every other possibility was exhausted. The topics in the category actually ranged over a broad base from physics (acceleration), chemistry (aluminum), production (welding) to finance (Dept of energy) and engineering (electromagnetic induction). The category was introduced with this line... "A visit to Tesla Motors, turning electric cars into the first successful American auto startup in almost a century". Terrific positioning.

10393893_362972920529682_5035117020033981282_n.png