Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dilemma on the 60D reorder or Dealer 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the details of the proposed deal they are offering me and what the car has as far as features. Any input on anyone who has encountered a deal with an inventory car would be appreciated.

Trying to figure out if this is a good deal. Here are the specs below. No tax credit on top of this because they told me that it was originally titled out of Michigan so they just built the tax credit in. It has 8,000 miles and is silver. Here is what it has below; $89,200 originally. Selling it to me for $72,600. Details on what it has is below; NO AUTOPILOT CAPABILITIES.

Model S -
85 kWh Battery -
Silver Metallic Paint -

Body Color Roof -

19" Wheels -

19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -

Black Nappa Leather Seats -

Piano Black Décor -

-

Matching Yacht Floor
Single Charger -
Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package -
Standard Suspension -
Parking Sensors -
Premium Interior Lighting -
Parcel Shelf -
Brake Calipers – Black

Last edited:
Ordered a 60D that as we know got canceled, considering my reorder options but just got a call from the Tesla dealer and he has a 2014 Dealer Model S available. Has RWD and no Autopilot. Does have Tech package, Black Napa Leather, Premium Interior Lighting, and Black Calipers, as well as 19 inch tire upgrade. 8,000 miles, regularly $90,000, offering it to me for $72,600 with the tax rebate included. Hate to not have the autopilot but nice discount. HMM?

I love my Model S and have nearly 40,000 miles on it. All yesterday I was thinking about the auto pilot as I was driving a rental car. How much would I use it and is it worth trading up. Ultimately, I will never get rid of my Sig Red Model S. I would think about your normal driving within the last month and determine if it would be worth it to you. You can always take the sweetheart deal and enjoy the higher range 85. Range in the Midwest is much more important to me than new features if I were choosing between the two.

I love my Model S and have nearly 40,000 miles on it. All yesterday I was thinking about the auto pilot as I was driving a rental car. How much would I use it and is it worth trading up. Ultimately, I will never get rid of my Sig Red Model S. I would think about your normal driving within the last month and determine if it would be worth it to you. You can always take the sweetheart deal and enjoy the higher range 85. Range in the Midwest is much more important to me than new features if I were choosing between the two.

Great points, thanks for the feedback on your Model S.

I like the inventory S85 option, unless yours is going to be an about-town car exclusively. With good winter tires the RWD S85 is a great snow car, so unless you have to drive in extreme conditions, AWD isn't essential.

So, can you live without Autopilot?

Full disclosure: I own an S85, with a P85D on order.

I have an S85 with almost 30K miles.
Great car.
Added range and access to Supercharger network @ ~ $72 + tax rebate on the Inventory car would seal the deal for me.
Since it also has the Tech package, only thing you did not mention was paint color.

That seems like a sweet deal. You could pay nearly 2x that and get a P85D. Or get a used P85 for a retail premium above that figure. If it had a D pack and charged to a reasonable SOC I would probably take the sweet deal and save my money for the inevitable v.next model S in a year or two.

The tax rebate is already built into the 72K because I guess they said the car came from Michigan so it had something to do with title and the rebate. Car is silver. Original Price was 89K.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I was told that the car was originally titled in Michigan and therefore the tax rebate is already figured into the 72K bottom line price. It has 8K miles on it now, was 7,800. Silver with tech package, Premium lighting, Napa leather seats, and the rim has a pretty big scratch in it which they talked about sanding but I don't know if that would do the trick? At 72K trying to figure out if it is a good price. I think it is, especially since no autopilot so they have to discount those cars more I understand. So I guess it is classified as used then. Trying to figure out if it is a good deal. Here is the list of things it has below;

Silver Metallic Paint -

Body Color Roof -

19" Wheels -

19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -
applicable). You will be responsible for
Black Nappa Leather Seats -

Piano Black Décor -

-

Matching Yacht Floor
Single Charger -
Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package -
Standard Suspension -
Parking Sensors -
Premium Interior Lighting -
Parcel Shelf -
Brake Calipers – Black

Last edited:
I dont think that's a good deal, i went for a showroom car with just 112 miles canceling my P85D as this came with 9700 discount. you can see the details on my signature. and since its never registered i will be getting the tax credit coming out to 79K, from 96K. Ask your SA about inventory/demo/showroom cars available across the country. you may have to pay 1500 for the transportation but you will be getting full warranty and be the first owner. If you decide to go with new 60 taking delivery in March .. would suggest you saveup a bit more and get the 85 may be a few months later.

Thanks for your help. They said it was originally a 89K car now for 72K, so 17K off. Downfall is that no autopilot, 8K miles on it, and looks like it was a loaner car so not sure if was treated well. I did look at the classifieds though and I have not many 2014 85's for under 80K. I guess it doesn't mean they will get what they are asking for it though.