Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to enforce limit on power/speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the car be configured such that whoever you leave the car with won't be able to go above such limit?
I'm thinking of some kind of equivalent to a "valet mode" where you can't really go crazy with it. 30 MPH limit, 50 HP. :cool:

I think Tesla does something like this with its loaners, but was wondering if that's something we can do ourselves too?

-- Greg

There is a speed cap on loaner/demo cars. The feature is not exposed to owners. This is part of the long-requested pin controlled valet mode feature. I have a driving teenager and would very much like to limit speed, torque, acceleration. I was a teenager once and know what I would do if given the opportunity :)

Soon promised that Valet Mode was coming "soon" a year and a half ago at TESLIVE. In fact he said the functionality was already there, just not exposed to the user. I would expect that this type of limited would be part of that feature.

Soon promised that Valet Mode was coming "soon" a year and a half ago at TESLIVE. In fact he said the functionality was already there, just not exposed to the user. I would expect that this type of limited would be part of that feature.

I wonder why it's taking so long, I mean it's just a matter of exposing an existing functionality in the User Interface. Yes, it's work, but it sounds like they've already done 90+% of the work...

Oh well, too bad. Hopefully it will get software upgraded "soon".

-- Greg