Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Mercedes-Benz S550 - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal
2015 Mercedes-Benz S550

Hi there,

I'm considering selling my 2015 S550 as I would like to go back to a Tesla (albeit a P85D this time).

I bought the S550 in early October, it has about 2200 carefully driven miles and it is loaded with the following options:

Ruby Black Exterior
Porcelain/Black Nappa Leather
Black Cloth Headliner
Black Poplar Wood Trim
Premium 1 Package
Rear Deck Spoiler
Driver Assistance Package
Sports Package w/20" AMG Wheels
Heads Up Display
Surround View Camera
Comfort Box

There have been no accidents, I've taken it into M-B twice, once was for the ventilated seat motor (driver side) being loose (Which they fixed under warranty),

The other was for a replacement of the driver front tire. I was lucky enough to be down the road from the dealership when the tire got punctured (run flat), limped into the M-B dealership and they replaced it for free (as I had the Wheel and Tire warranty).

Let me know if you have any questions. If I get some serious buyers, I'll be happy to order a CarFax for you.

Price: The Sticker Price was $114k, (totalling around 125k MSRP inc taxes).

I'd be happy to sell it around $110k, or make me an offer.

Thanks

List Date: 11/26/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2015 Mercedes-Benz S550
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

4SeWqNvemeMW.jpg
cJCccp6JAxyu.jpg
mbU7HASbv6TN.jpg
gUa1uUfNEQa0.jpg
SmSXZFZezV0t.jpg
a3aASyVbDPCj.jpg
6RpbkA2jNy6E.jpg
hMgsXVKkVraV.jpg

I was debating s550 vs tesla as I currently have a mb and there same price range . What are the pros and cons that is making you switch back?

I'm fairly young (26), so I don't really care for most of the comfort features etc. The main things that are the cause of wanting to switch back,

Pros of Tesla:

Instant Acceleration, the Benz has a very powerful engine and a quick gearbox, yet it still takes a split second more to get up and go.
Touchscreen Control accessible while driving. The Benz's COMAND system is more functional (Google Street View, SMS Messaging, Nav shows more detail), however its not usable while driving.
Ease of Use with the Tesla, It is surprisingly easy to use the interface (yet limited compared to Comand while stopped),
Size, yet luggage space. The Tesla has a less cosy feel to it, but it also has heaps more luggage space in a smaller car.
Free Supercharging
Sense of camaraderie as a fellow Tesla driver, shaping the Auto Industry
Performance of P85D (though I haven't had a test ride yet)

Pros of the Benz:

Interior Comfort is amazing, Hot Stone Massage, Vented Seats that bolster you around corners, and the cockpit is definitely a much more refined, classy, hip place to be (despite no touchscreen)
Interior space, I'm 6ft 9in tall and just over 400lbs, so the more space the better. Someone can actually sit behind me in the Benz, whereas in the Tesla, they have to have short legs/feet.
Leather is so much softer, higher trim quality
Driver assistance is active, Adaptive Cruise, Steering assist,
Heads Up Display is cool,
360 Surround View Camera is extremely useful,
Verizon Internet > AT&T for coverage, however I felt that the Tesla's interface is faster, (and thats saying something. Wi-Fi Hotspot on the Benz is pretty useless, way too slow)
Don't have to worry about charging, and with premium gas at just over $3 per gallon (in Orange County, SoCal), its really not that bad.