Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in a ONCE A YEAR Drag Meet at PBRW in January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a once a year event sponsored by some big names in the industry and is not your usually Friday night drag.
The event takes place at:

Palm Beach Raceway
Date: Sunday, January 18th, 2015
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm​

The spots are very limited I have already signed up and it is a great opportunity to air out your engine in a safe controlled environment.
To sign up
http://www.streetcardrags.com/

Let me know if you do sign up and we can arrange to meet before hand.

I have not yet confirmed but there are a couple of P85Ds on the ticket up against a Dodge Hellcat and a Merc AMG E63s so should prove an interesting afternoon.
It would be nice to see a few of us taking on the McLaren's and Lambos I think we can give them a run for the money.

Please email me if you would like to attend even if you do not want to track your car it will be a great day of fast expensive cars doing what they do best

Please email me if you are going and if you wish to race or just spectate if we get enough interest maybe a bite to eat after the races.

Cheers Steve

Looks like we'll have a great Tesla showing, we really need a Roadster there as well, so if you know anyone please get them to come. I am organizing this event so send me any questions. Still waiting for my P85D to start rolling down the line, I really hope we have it for the event!

I'll have my McLaren, Lamborghini Super Trofeo Stradale and M4 there as well, should be a great showing for exotics all around, can't wait to put the P85D up against them.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

please bring the McLaren!

If the Brit is coming then I'm in. Not sure if it will be a PD or a 12C spectating but I'd like to attend.

"While you watch the GT-R beat you...again
wink.gif
"

Uncalled for and hurtfully :crying: but let the trash talk begin

Last edited:
I'm interested in coming over to watch the races. It looks like loads of fun.

It is bring the family
http://www.streetcardrags.com/registration-and-tickets/

Nice one guys looks like we will have 7 maybe 9 various Teslas running from S60's to P85D's.
I still have a couple on the fence, as well as few spectators . STILL NEED A ROADSTER!! to complete the line up :love:

Once again any of you who are thinking about signing up but......... "not sure cause you think its to dangerous" or "not my cuppa tea", the guys that have raced their Tesla's at Homestead will attest, Drag Racing your Tesla is safe!
Just 1/4 mile flat out in a straight line it is more fun than laughing. And Homestead is only 1/8 mile so this will be double the fun. :scared:

In case I miss and email reply the current plan and subject to change of course is for anyone going (Racing or spectating) to meet at the Pompano Beach Service Plaza on the turnpike @ 6.30am anyone north of that location we can meet at the track at 7.30am.

We will take a easy drive to the track and grab some breakfast while we charge up, there is an Ihop just down the road from the track.

As this is a private event they limit the number of cars racing so you will get in a good number of runs.

Bring your video cameras as we want lots of YouTube posts of fiks P85D doing it's thing.

Please make sure you reach out to me via email if you are attending (Racing or spectating) with your contact info @ [email protected] (use Drag in the subject line)

My contact number is 954.415.4978 call me if you are planning to meet at Pompano and are running late.

I would like a list of those meeting at Pompano or at the track so we know who to look for, so please add to the list as needed stating Pompano or Track:

Steve > (Brightonuk) > Pompano

After a great party at Genes house some one said yes they want to go but not at 6.30am and that got me to realize that this event goes till 5pm, so I think my excitement of getting there at the break of day was a little......over Zealous :rolleyes:

How about we meet at 9am as opposed to 6.30am at Pompano beach service plaza that still gives us lots of time to drive to the track, eat, race, hang out and beg Fiksegts for a ride along in his P85D.

In addition a few guys coming from further south and needing to stop by my place to charge up will not need to camp out overnight.

I have sent out an email to people I have email contact for how and have shown an interest in attending if I missed you please let me know and I can add you to my list.

This is a family event so please bring the wife and kids along.

Also you don't have to race, this is an opportunity to witness some very very cool exotics close up, doing what they were built to do........... and cheer on the Teslas.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
After a great party at Genes house some one said yes they want to go but not at 6.30am and that got me to realize that this event goes till 5pm, so I think my over exuberance of getting there at the break of day was a little......over exuberant :rolleyes:

How about we meet at 9am as opposed to 6.30am at Pompano beach service plaza that still gives us lots of time to drive to the track, eat, race, hang out and beg Fiksegts for a ride along in his P85D.

In addition a few guys coming from further south and needing to stop by my place to charge up will not need to camp out overnight.
Meeting at the service plaza at 9 am as opposed to 6:30 makes sense. I'll be there.

We were really looking forward to that party at Jean's yesterday, but I came down with a bad cold and didn't want to spread it.