Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

nov 25 GQ-UK interview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you see that hedge on deliveries? "32-33,000" instead of the "33,000" guided in the most recent earnings call. Hmm.
Meh, that's just noise in the signal. I'd only be concerned if Tesla reduced their production guidance. I don't really care if they're unsure whether some boat full of cars will reach its destination in time for a Q4 delivery.

I think this was meant as a good portion of the Model S orders and all of the Model X orders. Still, a big number.

I think that he meant that since the unveiling of the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive, 70% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a 85D or a P85D. Meaning that the other 30% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a standard S60 or a standard S85 (withouth the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive).

Last edited:
I, for example, affected those numbers as I lowered the orders for Model S 85 (due in December, and not taking it) and increased the 85D orders (due early March) by switching. I think a number of folks did that. And it was nice to get the D for $4000 at the time, which is now $5000.