Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An app for TMC forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking about creating an app for the TMC forum for Android and iOS. I don't know about you, but I mostly spend my time viewing/writing threads on my phone, and it's incredibly painful.

Looked around, there doesn't seem to be anything out there yet. Correct me if this is wrong.

I was thinking of some basic features to start with, like viewing the list of topics, search, creating/replying to threads, and updating your profile. Would be interesting to hear from the community what other features are frequently used.

I'm a lead mobile architect at Glassdoor in the bay area, so this would be a side hobby project.
Any help from the the TMC folks would be appreciated as well.

Let me know what you think and whether it would be useful to you.

Tapatalk works very well and offers some 95% of the functionality that the TMC website provides. There are legitimate concerns though that it cuts off advertising revenue for TMC; I prefer donating to TMC directly and continuing to use Tapatalk.

I contribute as well, partially for exactly this reason. Google just recently launched a "pay to skip the ads" service. If you outbid the advertisers, you can spare yourself the ads.

Don't reinvent the wheel, I use tapatalk daily for every forum that I frequent that is supporting it. I hate downloading separate apps for each forum or website especially when they are not adding value.

This. I've even stopped visiting forums who decided to not implement a mobile theme and then block out tapatalk so that you'd use their own paid solution.