Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker +"musical note" button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past 1 2/3 years, whenever I hear a song on Slacker that I like, I have hit the button below the album art that looks like a plus sign with a musical note. I always figured that this would add the current song to a favorites list or something. But I have never been able to figure out any actual real use for this +note button. Sure, the subsequent times that the favourited song plays, the button is lit up in blue so as to indicate that it is remembered as a favorite. But there is no way that I see that indicates that the song is more frequently played, or a place where I can play such a list of favorites. Has anyone figured it out? Am I missing something?

I believe Slacker and Pandora use your list of favorites to cross reference other folks with similar likes. They look at common songs liked, and patterns.. thus, giving them the ability to suggest songs that you are likely to also like -- after you like a bunch of songs, you should start getting songs you probably like - ie its not totally random. For services with ads (not in the Tesla), this also gives valuable demographic info allowing for targeted ads.

I've wondered the same thing. It would be cool, wouldn't it, if you could tell Slacker--just play back my favorites.

Yeah, unfortunately, you cannot do this from the car and not with the Tesla-provided Slacker Basic account anyway.

My solution to this is to pay for my own Slacker Premium account and compile playlists with the songs that I favorited in the past. I can then use this account and the playlists feature in the car.

For the past 1 2/3 years, whenever I hear a song on Slacker that I like, I have hit the button below the album art that looks like a plus sign with a musical note. I always figured that this would add the current song to a favorites list or something. But I have never been able to figure out any actual real use for this +note button. Sure, the subsequent times that the favourited song plays, the button is lit up in blue so as to indicate that it is remembered as a favorite. But there is no way that I see that indicates that the song is more frequently played, or a place where I can play such a list of favorites. Has anyone figured it out? Am I missing something?

"no way that I see that indicates that the song is more frequently played" - well, would would you expect to "see" that would indicate this? You'd have to notice whether they seem to come up periodically.

For what it's worth, I find that favorited songs do play more often - it's subjective, but I don't believe I'm imagining it. ;-)

#resurrecting-month-old-thread, sorry ;-)

gg, incorrect. Using the Tesla supplied account, I added the "Mashup" station through the Slacker website, and use it all the time in the car.

Yeah, unfortunately, you cannot do this from the car and not with the Tesla-provided Slacker Basic account anyway.

My solution to this is to pay for my own Slacker Premium account and compile playlists with the songs that I favorited in the past. I can then use this account and the playlists feature in the car.

So I got my credentials from ownership and tagged some Slacker recommended stations as "My Music" on my laptop. But these stations do not show up under "Favorites" in my Model S. Anyone has any pointers to how I can have stations under "My Music" show up in my Model S?

So I got my credentials from ownership and tagged some Slacker recommended stations as "My Music" on my laptop. But these stations do not show up under "Favorites" in my Model S. Anyone has any pointers to how I can have stations under "My Music" show up in my Model S?

I did the same thing and went into the menu and apps and then clicked on Restore on my slacker account, they showed up when i went back.

Perfect, worked like a charm. Thank you.

Since I don't use slacker outside the car, can you tell me what you gain by doing this? I have just created stations by artists and select those. My kids like to hit the "like" and "dislike" buttons. Will accessing slacker on a PC with credentials supplied by ownership change anything or just let me select the artist streams through another mechanism?

Since I don't use slacker outside the car, can you tell me what you gain by doing this? I have just created stations by artists and select those. My kids like to hit the "like" and "dislike" buttons. Will accessing slacker on a PC with credentials supplied by ownership change anything or just let me select the artist streams through another mechanism?

Slacker makes recommendations based on my listening history. These recommendations appear as music stations on a PC but not in the Model S. Once you add these recommendations to "My Music" (on a PC), they will appear under "Favorites" (after the restore procedure outlined by Britt1 above) in the Model S. Convoluted but useful.