Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch Roadster HPC 70amp - re-installed after removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
UPDATE: new HPC installed at Harris for Roadsters (see post below)
------------
Not sure what is going on here, but from another thread ...

I was at the Harris Ranch SC Tuesday 18th

[snip]

As to the single old Model S Supercharger and the single old 70A Clipper Creek Roadster Charger that was at the Shell Station. They are both GONE. Not only are they gone but all the electrical conduit and peripheral stuff is gone as well. Holes filled, walls repainted, and fresh pavers have filled in the sidewalk were the equipment used to be. All EV signage is gone. The only remnant is that the one pull in parking spot still has a green curb.

Did anyone know this was happening? I'm sending a note out to Tesla right now to find out why. A lot of us have relied on that HPC.

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on here, but from another thread ...

Did anyone know this was happening? I'm sending a note out to Tesla right now to find out why. A lot of us have relied on that HPC.

I'm glad to sign any petitions you may come up with. If we hold together as a community I bet we will see a favorable response.

[EDIT - It doesn't matter that I don't live there. eVehicles community needs to work together or else NYC stations will disappear or never be built.]

Last edited:
While were at it, I heard a while back that the HPC at Barstow is gone, too. What happened there?

From Plugshare:
barstow-hpc.png

I can confirm that there was not a Roadster charger where there was once one in Barstow Station. We took the S on a trip to Vegas and stopped by to see if we could use our Roadster to get to Vegas. This was around May 2014.

Dang, I don't often have to remove chargers from my Roadster map. Those were 2 of the most critical ones for SoCa travel! I don't even live near there and I've had to rely on them. Disappearing with no notice is really awful. This is the worst thing that can happen with charging infrastructure.

Once Tesla was made aware, it was high priority to get charging back in place for Roadster owners at Harris.
Tested and operational as of this afternoon, slightly new location, will post more when at computer

huge thanks to tesla for quick response on this

image.jpg

And, with that bright orange S adapter hanging there too, a 70A charger for any Model S cars the next time Harris Ranch SuperChargers go offline ;)

Once Tesla was made aware, it was high priority to get charging back in place for Roadster owners at Harris.
Tested and operational as of this afternoon, slightly new location, will post more when at computer

huge thanks to tesla for quick response on this

View attachment 64527

Are they planning to put Barstow back too?

They're looking into it, not sure why it was pulled.

We (Roadster owners, all EV owners) need to remember that most charging locations are due in a large part as a courtesy from the location owner -- they may not see the benefit if we don't remember to stop in, let them know we used it, thank them, patronize their business, etc. Not saying that's what happened here, but they may not know the difference between a supercharger and a Roadster HPC and thought it was okay to pull it.

I'll report back once I hear what happened and if it will get reinstalled.

Update on the update at Harris - they're getting some odd errors, might be the Model S adapter (meaning if they had a Roadster handy, it might charge without a problem) - so Tesla is sending both a new adapter and HPC, will troubleshoot, and verify no problems.

I am truly impressed with how quickly the Supercharging team responded on this issue. With Thanksgiving travel looming, the high priority that they gave to Roadster owners is much appreciated.