Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wiring harness under center infotainment system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was installing an LED light to light the floor under the infotainment system and noticed this wiring harness behind the storage tray after I separated it from the touchscreen housing. Does anyone know what this is designed to go to? I have a 2014 P85+ with all available options including autopilot hardware delivered sept 28.

I was thinking maybe a stock center counsel or an ashtray with power that was originally designed but not implemented?

20141123_140948.jpg

I was installing an LED light to light the floor under the infotainment system and noticed this wiring harness behind the storage tray after I separated it from the touchscreen housing. Does anyone know what this is designed to go to? I have a 2014 P85+ with all available options including autopilot hardware delivered sept 28.

I was thinking maybe a stock center counsel or an ashtray with power that was originally designed but not implemented?

View attachment 64431

Would you please take some very close up pics of the connectors? The one on the left looks like it could be an antenna connector. Any part numbers visible?

If there is switched power and ground available, it might be a nice power source for my dash cam, without slicing into any wires.

I was going to use the OBD, but it only has constant power and ground, and I don't want my dash cam running 24/7. I'm currently using the cigarette lighter port, but not a fan of the cable showing.