Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Check Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am coming up on my second annual checkup. I was thinking just yesterday, that maybe Tesla should tell us to bring our UMCs in with the car for the annual. As the cars get older, the plug and receptacle are potential sources of wear and failure. The service center might be able to spot something and head off trouble.

I just bought a used Tesla S 85 from an other owner. It had a small fender bender and got marked SALVAGE. I'm getting the Tesla $1200 inspection to make it fully supported and certified. I'm then waiting to see if they offer me any maintenance plans or schedule and annual check up. I'll know latter this week.

I just bought a used Tesla S 85 from an other owner. It had a small fender bender and got marked SALVAGE. I'm getting the Tesla $1200 inspection to make it fully supported and certified. I'm then waiting to see if they offer me any maintenance plans or schedule and annual check up. I'll know latter this week.
If it's a salvage car they will not "certify" it or offer you any maintenance plans. They may not even service it at all.

I am coming up on my second annual checkup. I was thinking just yesterday, that maybe Tesla should tell us to bring our UMCs in with the car for the annual. As the cars get older, the plug and receptacle are potential sources of wear and failure. The service center might be able to spot something and head off trouble.
They do test the UMC. I always keep mine in the trunk and they have checked it several times when I've been in for service.