Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy: Chargeport Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you are interested, found this: Model S Chargeport Opener - Stegen Electronics
Minimum order 10pcs.

Thanks, sign me up, I'll take two units to begin with, Vmax.

Any advantage to have it sent to a European address, or is it the same roughly to ship to HK?

They will be "sold" in any case, just go ahead and order 10. In the worst case scenario, I will cover the last unsold units - because I know it won't be necessary :)

It says for the European Model S - any idea to have them confirm it works with the Hong Kong model S?

I bought one from another source which sold an "European" and "Switzerland" version. The previous source doesn't sell them individually anymore, just in combination with their UMC.
Tried the European version when the unaware Model S owner stood next to his car. He was baffled why the chargeport suddenly opened ☺️
Therefore I assume Stegen's European version will work too.
Shipping is free, but might take a month or longer. VAT will be deducted, so unit price is €20.
Plan to place the order this week.

I don't have my car yet and so it may be a silly question, but as I understand, the charging unit has a button which will open the port. If you wouldn't open the port otherwise, what purpose does the remote serve?

I don't use the wallbox from Tesla as I wanted a manufacturer independent wallbox at home. Therefore I use EV Power's wallbox with a generic charging cable, which does not have a button to open the port. The remote is merely for convenience so you don't have to open it from the touchscreen display.
Users tie the remote to a generic charging cable, stick it inside of the trunk or chain it to their FOB.

In that case, can you save one for me as well and let me know how to settle/collect.

Thanks

I don't use the wallbox from Tesla as I wanted a manufacturer independent wallbox at home. Therefore I use EV Power's wallbox with a generic charging cable, which does not have a button to open the port. The remote is merely for convenience so you don't have to open it from the touchscreen display.
Users tie the remote to a generic charging cable, stick it inside of the trunk or chain it to their FOB.