Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugshare user info software upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Half Dollar Bill

Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper
Oct 19, 2013
Freeport Maine
I didn't notice this posted anywhere so apologies if it's known already.

I was messing around on Plugshare, pulled up a user and noticed that there was now a picture of their car listed. I went to my contact info and discovered that there is now an option for MS and Roadster owners to list the style of their car (60/85/P) and also the color. These are all accomplished via drop-down selections and reflected in your profile picture, pretty neat.

I didn't get a notice that the additional options were being added so I have no idea how long it's been out there. But I certainly didn't mind the opportunity to update my info. Just wanted to pass the news along.

I didn't notice this posted anywhere so apologies if it's known already.

I was messing around on Plugshare, pulled up a user and noticed that there was now a picture of their car listed. I went to my contact info and discovered that there is now an option for MS and Roadster owners to list the style of their car (60/85/P) and also the color. These are all accomplished via drop-down selections and reflected in your profile picture, pretty neat.

I didn't get a notice that the additional options were being added so I have no idea how long it's been out there. But I certainly didn't mind the opportunity to update my info. Just wanted to pass the news along.
Why would you want anyone on Plugshare to know what car you drive?

Why would you want anyone on Plugshare to know what car you drive?

I'm not a shill for Plugshare but from a personal perspective, if I need to use someone's home charger, I'd probably prefer to use one from a fellow Tesla owner. On the practical side, you certainly wouldn't want to waste a Leaf owner's time if all you had available was a HPWC. But, I assume the Leaf owner wouldn't even contact you in that instance and you'd probably ask what they were charging so maybe that's not a good example.

Identifying your car is optional on Plugshare. I do it because I'm a proud Tesla owner. I appreciate the opportunity to customize your profile with the new functionality.