Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a P85D. Option question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a P85D. I'm a current S85 owner. I like the interior lights but do not need the leather panels or yacht flooring which is part of the Premium Interior Package at $4500. Is there a interior lighting retrofit?

Just ordered a P85D. I'm a current S85 owner. I like the interior lights but do not need the leather panels or yacht flooring which is part of the Premium Interior Package at $4500. Is there a interior lighting retrofit?

Nope. Welcome to the club. The yacht floor in particular I find useless. I will be removing it from my car.

Many people feel that the yacht flooring, extended leather, and extra interior lighting are all useless or inconsequential at best. I have the yacht flooring (I think it looks great and I don't want an added center console) and the extra interior lighting (makes only a modest difference compared to standard).

I suppose the extra interior lighting could be retrofitted by an owner or an independent shop, but it would take several hours of labor.

Nope. Welcome to the club. The yacht floor in particular I find useless. I will be removing it from my car.

What do you plan to replace it with?

I currently have the open center area with carpet on the floor (that's all that was available in May 2013). I like the open center but hate the way stuff slides around on the carpet. I'm hoping that the yacht floor with rubber strips holds things that I sit there better in place.

I've considered the center console but can't make myself pull the trigger...

Mike

What do you plan to replace it with?

I currently have the open center area with carpet on the floor (that's all that was available in May 2013). I like the open center but hate the way stuff slides around on the carpet. I'm hoping that the yacht floor with rubber strips holds things that I sit there better in place.

I've considered the center console but can't make myself pull the trigger...

Mike

I had an April 2013 build as well. I want the carpet, and I'm hoping it's still there under the yacht floor. If not I guess it will stay in. I use two Rubbermaid fabric containers. They are red and match the car well enough. I use two of sections as cup holders, too. Together they cost around $20. I'll see if I can them on Amazon and update this post with a link.

Edit:

Rubbermaid Bento Storage Box with Flex Dividers, Medium, Paprika (1808649) Amazon.com: Rubbermaid Bento Storage Box with Flex Dividers, Medium, Paprika (1808649): Home Kitchen

There is a medium one and a small one. I have both. The medium sized one towards the back and the small one in front.

Great! If I find that to be the case with the new one, I may opt to get the center console...

the center console is cool looking but like you I like the open space and could not fathom spending the money for it. There's a store called The Container Store that makes some pretty cheap options for this space. The only thing I do not like about the open space is the reach to grab stuff.

.../ I like the interior lights but do not need the leather panels or yacht flooring which is part of the Premium Interior Package at $4500. Is there a interior lighting retrofit?
Some folks have been able to unbundle certain options in the past. Some have even been able to choose options that weren’t on the options list (and never even were before). A certain solar powered racecar driver named Leilani comes to mind. I know these options have included a non-leather steering wheel, custom exterior paint colors (including cars after the initial Signature offering), and if I remember correctly some were able to option their cars with the second onboard charger without also receiving the ‘high-speed’ Tesla wall charger. And there may very well be even more examples. It would frankly surprise me if it weren’t.

If I was going to order a P85D and shared your preference in this regard, I would ask what it would take for them to unbundle the interior lights from the Premium Interior Package.

Last edited:
To anyone that ordered the package but dislikes the yacht floor, PM me if you got the obeche (matte, though not sure it matters) version and want to sell it for anything less than its original, non accessory price. I do like the look and couldn't bring myself to pay for the new bundle which added something I didn't want to something I did want, but was way overpriced, and something else I was on the fence about.

To anyone that ordered the package but dislikes the yacht floor, PM me if you got the obeche (matte, though not sure it matters) version and want to sell it for anything less than its original, non accessory price. I do like the look and couldn't bring myself to pay for the new bundle which added something I didn't want to something I did want, but was way overpriced, and something else I was on the fence about.

Pm sent.