Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News article

Google Maps - Florida Keys/Marathon Airport - Marathon, FL

Credit goes to TMC user republic for the find. There will be 4 charging bays located at the Florida Keys/Marathon Airport. This was just approved by the Monroe County Commission. Tesla signed a 5 year lease with them. With the Plantation supercharger going in north of Miami, owners will now be able to go from Boston to the Florida Keys seamlessly.

If anyone is in the area, you know what to do now. :wink:

What great news. Took my dear wife to Key West in February and she had a bad case of range anxiety. Hopefully this Supercharger will take car of that.

I'm planning an end to end Keys bike trip in May. Now do I put a bike rack on the back of my S?

News article

Google Maps - Florida Keys/Marathon Airport - Marathon, FL

Credit goes to TMC user republic for the find. There will be 4 charging bays located at the Florida Keys/Marathon Airport. This was just approved by the Monroe County Commission. Tesla signed a 5 year lease with them. With the Plantation supercharger going in north of Miami, owners will now be able to go from Boston to the Florida Keys seamlessly.

If anyone is in the area, you know what to do now. :wink:

If it is only the two of you, bikes fit in the back of the MS easily. Just put down one old blanket to protect the MS interior and one between the bikes to protect them from each other.

Pulling wheels off, I have easily fit two road bikes and two mountain bikes inside with luggage for two!

Even with Superchargers, better aerodynamics means less charge time!!!

Last edited:
I did the same trip from Boca this past June and also just made it. My wife wasn't happy. The hotel that advertised as "EV friendly" had only a 110 outlet although I had been told otherwise. Charged up to 150 miles the two days I was there and stopped at a colorful little motel on the way back in Marathon that had a 240 outlet.
No need for a bike rack! You should have plenty of room in the back of the S for a bike. If just you and your wife, put one of the back seats down and you can fit 2 road bikes in without taking off the wheels. I left the seats up this past weekend on a family trip to Gainesville and still fit my Specialized Roubaix in the back (with wheels off.) Five adults, luggage, and the bike. Amazing.

Supercharger in Marathon (FL Keys)

Looking forward to being able to travel to the Florida Keys in the near future with the upcoming Tesla Supercharger that will be installed at the Marathon Airport.

Airport to get supercharged | KeysNews.com

Location: 9400 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, FL 33050 - Google Maps

Screenshot 2014-11-26 07.58.14.jpg

This will open up the Keys for us. It will be 226 miles from the Ft Myers Supercharger. So either hyper mile or wait for the Plantation Supercharger to be up and running.

Glad to see Tesla making my Model S more fun. Only problem is my wife will want to take her convertible.