Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation problem-no traffic info and no route highlighting, am I the only one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past week, I have had issues with my S60(w/Tech pkg). First, the google traffic does not seem to display at times. I turned the traffic off and on to no avail. ATT 3G signal is not a problem. Also, when navigating to a destination, I get turn by turn directions, but the route is highlighted only on the dash nav, not on the main google maps nav screen. Should I be contacting my service center?

This past week, I have had issues with my S60(w/Tech pkg). First, the google traffic does not seem to display at times. I turned the traffic off and on to no avail. ATT 3G signal is not a problem. Also, when navigating to a destination, I get turn by turn directions, but the route is highlighted only on the dash nav, not on the main google maps nav screen. Should I be contacting my service center?

I had had this happen yesterday. Rebooting fixed it.

If you have problems, the first step should be to reboot the processors by holding down the steering wheel buttons.

And, if that doesn't work, the next step should be to call the Tesla assistance line. They can look at some of the status from the car, while you're driving, offer suggestions for correcting issues, and, if needed, even contact the service center to make arrangements for service, if needed.

Though in most cases like this, rebooting the processors should be enough to fix the problems. I've also noted that sometimes cancelling the routing and then re-entering it (from Recent Places) can also fix issues with the navigation.

Like everyone else said. For any oddities that you encounter, rebooting is the first thing to do. There are two levels of reboot, depending upon how long you press the scroll bars. Pressing and holding them until the Tesla T shows up (takes about a minute--but will seem longer) does the deeper kind of reboot.

If you have problems, the first step should be to reboot the processors by holding down the steering wheel buttons.

And, if that doesn't work, the next step should be to call the Tesla assistance line. They can look at some of the status from the car, while you're driving, offer suggestions for correcting issues, and, if needed, even contact the service center to make arrangements for service, if needed.

Though in most cases like this, rebooting the processors should be enough to fix the problems. I've also noted that sometimes cancelling the routing and then re-entering it (from Recent Places) can also fix issues with the navigation.

Alternatively, for things like this that appear to be bugs in the firmware that a number of people have reported, and for which there's likely not much the service center can do, you can hold the voice-command button down and say "Bug report:<insert_brief_description", and Tesla will get that feedback (along with telemetry from your car, I suspect)...