Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker account question (from soon to be MS owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a strange question...I currently have a Slacker Premium ($9.99/month) account...will I be able to use the free Slacker service included with the new S when it arrives or will I have to create a new Slacker account? I'm curious because I was thinking about making play lists but if I won't be able to use my current account then I won't bother.

Thanks!

The Tesla account has "more" features?? If the Premium allows you to create your own play lists and such, that's more than I can do with my Tesla account.

To answer the question, you can use either account you wish in the car. There's a means of entering account login and password.

I misread the OP when I replied earlier. I thought you were planning on using a free Slacker account in the Tesla. Yes, you can log in with whatever Slacker account you want including the premium account you have now. If you do not have much in the way of playlists set up with Slacker already, you may be able to get away with just the Tesla account. The feature set of the Tesla account is somewhere between free and premium, but there is not much if any difference when using Slacker in the car.