Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car will you be coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inspired by MangroveMike's twitter picture, I thought I'd start a topic on what cars everyone is coming from.

Obviously only post if you're comfortable, I can imagine some people not wanting to say they're coming from a, for example, 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom or something :p

I'll be coming from a 2008 Peugeot 308, so big jump for me. The good old Peugeot will still be used as a second car (for the missus :D)

Parted with a classic, 1962 Citroen ID19, after 20 years ! Wife retaining her very economical Ford Fiesta (diesel) Econetic. Because of rural living, not able to go entirely fossil fuel free, although solar should make a very worthy contribution to running Sig 'TINGB'.

Nissan LEAF. A great car for city driving except range is the obvious downside without any Level-3 charge options outside of Sydney or anywhere else except 2 in Melbourne. I've read that Tesla doesn't do trade-ins. Tesla told me they do so maybe the first EV trade-in in Australia?

I sold my last car to my mate for $1K that did then did the Shitbox rally in it.

I've always been of the opinion "The car I want, or A to B" and I've never wanted a car like the Model S before in my life.

Here's a pic of it, white BA falcon.

10463789_10152529248277386_5652125320373654336_o.jpg

Wife will continue to drive a Lancer. Apparently the Model S is too shiny for her to drive every day. Her loss :)

2001 Corolla -- Big jump for us, and we certainly wouldn't be buying such a nice car if it wasn't the only really practical all-electric option. I don't drive a car usually (walk to work), but my wife drives 50 km each way from Central Sydney to work in the North West.

I was driving my 1999 Mercedes A160 that I have owned since new until a texting teenager crashed into it last year and wrote it off. :-(
I had to scramble for a stop gap car for a year and bought a 2009 Holden VE SV6 Utility which has been excellent practice for getting used to a big car.
My brother is getting rid of his old truck soon and has promised to buy it off me when the Tesla comes.
Hmm - Must send him an e-mail to tell him to get ready.
VEuteRHF.jpg

Last edited:
2004 Range Rover. Consumes a small oil field every time you start it. Won't miss that, nor the exorbitant maintenance costs. Will miss the amazing arm chair like seats and general fit and finish. Wife has a Disco 3 which we'll keep for the long haul beach/camp trips and a new Golf GTI, which I have to say is an awesome little car. Having said that I expect us to let that go as well, given the lack of use case moving forward.

Rangie.jpeg

Porsche 928 GT. The model S will be the first 4 door car I've bought for myself. I've owned the 928 for sooo long that it's hard to imagine being without it - but with no more room in the garage I'll either sell it or rent somewhere close by for it.

Inspired by MangroveMike's twitter picture, I thought I'd start a topic on what cars everyone is coming from.

Thanks Timpoo!

Yep, traded my Mercedes ML63 AMG today. It was a big trade up when I got it 3 years ago, but what an aural soundtrack. I love my cars but the big Mercs footprint on our planet was a bit too big for the rest of my ethics. I feel cleansed now :)

The Model S ticked all the boxes that no other electric car could - size (family of 4), style, performance and super hi-tech.

We will stick with my wife's 2004 Kluger. Until the charging infrastructure is built up we will need it for longer trips, and with kids and friends, the 7 seats are a feature she won't give up.

Last edited: