Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tooele, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there any more specific information on where it would go? There are basically two possible locations near I-80 in Tooele County: Wendover at the Nevada line and the interchange with state highway 36 near the south end of the Great Salt Lake at the opposite side of the county.

Was there any more specific information on where it would go? There are basically two possible locations near I-80 in Tooele County: Wendover at the Nevada line and the interchange with state highway 36 near the south end of the Great Salt Lake at the opposite side of the county.

Unfortunately no, my friend wasn't smart enough to ask where, when, etc.

The businesses at interchange between I-80 and UT-36 have Toole addresses, for example, McDonald's, 8727 Utah 36, Tooele, UT 84074 — McDonald's, Toole - Google Maps. I'm not saying the Supercharger will be at McDonald's, just using that location as an example address.

Given Tesla's previous choices of Supercharger locations, it's very likely that this Supercharger will go close to an I-80 interchange at one of the interchange businesses.

Had some free time today and called Tooele county Planning and Zoning. They said that the Tesla Supercharge station has been approved. ALRIGHT !!!!

Location is in Lake Point by the truckstop. Address from building permit is
1568 East Sadleback Blvd.

My guess on I 80. No inside info just a guess.

I80 Superchargers.JPG

Appears to be on the Flying J campus, as close to I-80 as you could possibly get (and where I always stop). No place better than an FJ except of course Little America!

HINT: If you are continuing East on I-80 into Wyoming be sure to exit at UT 201 which is just around the corner from Tooele! This takes you straight east by Freeway across the urban stretch and back onto I-80E. Avoids the whole downtown SLC sidetrack.

Then on to SpCs at:

1. Little America, WY (future) = 164 miles
2. Rawlins, WY (future) = 144 miles
3. Cheyenne WY = 150 miles

Somebody tell TM just how beautiful and classy Little America WY is. Would be an ideal SpC location.
--

My guess on I 80. No inside info just a guess.

Here is my view with info from this site and other reliable sources: Nevada Superchargers - Page 10:

The route across I-80 now seems to be: Truckee, CA to Nephi, UT - Google Maps

Truckee, CA
Lovelock, NV — 126 miles
Winnemucca, NV — 72 miles
Elko, NV — 124 miles
West Wendover, NV —107 miles
Tooele, UT — 100 miles
Nephi, UT — 107 miles

This will be a very nicely spaced set of Superchargers for crossing Northern Nevada!

I-80.jpg

(LMB spouse)

My guess was always Truckee, Fernley, Winnemucca, Elko, [West] Wendover.

I doubt we'll see Superchargers on "The Loneliest Road In America", but Fernley would anchor the western end as well. Plus Western Lithium claims to be building a big lithium extraction plant near Fernley.

Had some free time today and called Tooele county Planning and Zoning. They said that the Tesla Supercharge station has been approved. ALRIGHT !!!!

Location is in Lake Point by the truckstop. Address from building permit is
1568 East Sadleback Blvd.

from my trip to check out the Wendover SC,
heres the status of Tooele. 1605 Saddleback is the Flying J, truckstop in background of photo looking north, so 1568 ought to be less East than that which is on the other side of Hwy 36 (& since that just now occurs to me, I didn't get a photo). It would be off the left side of this frame

image.jpg

Comfort Inn is 8580 Hwy 36 Tooele Utah which means I might have to abandon my lobbying efforts to get this one to be called "Lake Point" :rolleyes: