Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GQ Reviews P85D: "Quick as a Bugatti Veyron"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the article: ""It's obviously expensive, but I think it makes the point" considers Musk of the P85D. Contemplating the price of petrol powered machines offering performance parity, I'm more than inclined to disagree. "

"Disagree"? Is that a typo?

I read that is that he disagrees with the premise that the car is expensive when compared to comparably performing vehicles.

Comparing Bugatti Veyron to a P85D is a silly comparison.

What's the 0-250mph speed on a P85D as compared to the Veyron?

Pretty sure unless you drop the P85D off a cliff, the Bugatti will win that one.

And besides, with proper tires, the Veyron will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds -- much faster.

Comparing Bugatti Veyron to a P85D is a silly comparison. /...
Really?

.../ What's the 0-250mph speed on a P85D as compared to the Veyron? /...
How many places are there where a Veyron 'somewhat safely' can pull off a 0-250 mph run? I only know of one. And unless you're a very high ranking member of the VW corporation you're never going to even come close to that facility...

Comparing Bugatti Veyron to a P85D is a silly comparison.

What's the 0-250mph speed on a P85D as compared to the Veyron?

Pretty sure unless you drop the P85D off a cliff, the Bugatti will win that one.

And besides, with proper tires, the Veyron will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds -- much faster.

It's actually a highly astounding comparison for Tesla.

But when exactly is anyone going to do a 0-250 run? Oh at an airstrip? Right, because thats where everyone drives their cars in their daily commutes. LOL!

And .7 seconds isnt much faster, also keep in mind one is burning/wasting lots of finite fuel while the other isnt burning/wasting any.

I'll take the super sleek super slick super silent super safe super sexy sedan over the 1 million dollar beetle that runs off beetle juice :wink: