Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Button on my Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

astrotoy

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2013
SF Bay Area
I just noticed today that I have a red button on the top of my fob. I didn't before. Either Elon is able to do updates to the fob remotely or the tooth fairy came in and changed my fob. I just just checked my wife's fob and there is no red button. I had my car serviced a few weeks ago - maybe they changed it then, but I didn't see it until now. They did deliver my car back in the evening and it was dark, so I may have missed it.:confused:

I just had my cases replaced last week on my P85 and they're all black just as they were. When you run your finger across the top does it feel like there's a crack in it? Mine had a crack in it (which was the reason for replacement and my husbands was starting to)

IMG_0522.JPG

Here it is. Definitely know that TM monitors the TMC website. I got a call and email about the fob within an hour of my posting. I think they want to give me back my fob.

Can they do this in the field? They used to have to replace the entire fob and reprogram.
I'd gone in to the service center pick up a UMC adapter I'd ordered, and showed 'em my fob (I'd taped over the now disconnected cap and O-ring) - they took it out back and brought it back in a few minutes in a new shell. Plus a couple of neoprene fob pockets. No reprogramming.

Oh my God!!!!!!!! Not the red button....

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Whatever you do. Never press the red button. Or cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.