Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tan interior with black headliner. Pic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Noahas. Just called Oakbrook and the guy on the phone (Steve) said that don't have that spec :(

Sorry, they had it about 3 weeks ago when I was there. Hopefully Orlando still has it per the post below. I can tell you that I was a bit apprehensive about having a black roof, but the combination looked great, and the fact I didn't have to worry about the inevitable scuffs anymore was nice as well.

You are a day too short....I just had a loaner yesterday morning with Tan and Black Alcantera headliner. Looked pretty good too. Call the Orlando store, and ask Peter to take some pictures.

Thanks rogbmw -- just got a pic emailed to me from the Orlando store. Here it is. Looks very clean -- just hope it doesnt feel too dark in there :)
IMG_1100.jpeg

What I like about that combination is it brings it back to 2-tone instead of 3. it would be ok if the headliner matched the seats, however if that's not going to happen, it should at least match the lower part of the interior. I like the black with the tan seats. I think it looks great.

I don't think it will be too dark if you get the panoramic roof. With a solid roof... well that might be overly dark.

This is what I had ordered, including the gloss trim. I subsequently changed the trim from gloss to matte because I was concerned about glare. You can see the trim to the left of the steering wheel in the above pic. With just a little gloss showing it's reflecting an image from the outside. While I still think the combo looks great, I didn't want to take the risk of glare in my eyes.

Otherwise i love the fact the headliner matches the bottom now and the alcantara dash.

The only question left for me will be... is it worth it? So many things I want to have on a new Model S, but it's already a lot of money (coming from a guy who spent $14,000 on his last car, and less than $10,000 on each of his previous ones)
If I go alcaterra, I think it will be the black, but can I really justify alcaterra at all?

I know... I know... first world problems...

The only question left for me will be... is it worth it? So many things I want to have on a new Model S, but it's already a lot of money (coming from a guy who spent $14,000 on his last car, and less than $10,000 on each of his previous ones)
If I go alcaterra, I think it will be the black, but can I really justify alcaterra at all?

I felt the same way. My first car I go the cloth headliner because the extra money seemed ridiculous. But on the 85D I'm getting the black Alcantera. The way the headliner comes down the B pillar really bugs me when it doesn't match the rest of the car.

I have seen two S's with the black Alcanterra headliner. Both had the Pano roof so it was not too dark at all. Another benefit if the darker trim is that it does not show dirt or fingerprints.
It unifies the color around the door pillars. Andrewket is correct regarding the glare off of the gloss trim, not to mention the fact that
the gloss shows dust and finger smudges rather easily whereas the matte finish tends to minimize those.
Again, the Tesla website could be improved greatly with some nice representative photography of the various interior trim combos in
both daylight and evening. Just sayin'

I'm glad to hear that, 403portside, because I've got Obeche Glossy in my config and was a little worried when Andrewket changed his config from Glossy to Matte, citing glare as his concern. This time of year, with a pano roof, driving northbound around midday frequently causes glare on the 17" and the center console; the lacewood trim I have now never produces glare.