Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KTLA Channel 5 will have a Tesla Factory tour tonight at 10 P.M.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never seen that particular Tesla employee do press before.

When she says the Model S can be made in five days implies you can order a car on the net and get it in a week.

Elon Musk on Aug 28,2014 in Norway said the Model 3 is 2.5-3 years away from production.

The good thing about Elon is he doesn't keep changing his story. You ask him next year he would say the same thing

$h!) happens in real life. That is why journalist keep asking.

For the latest projection.

We know for a fact building of the GF has begun. Tesla filed papers with the SEC saying they will begin manufacturing cells in Nevada in 2016.

We know they can't manufacture significant cell volume without the Model 3 to put them into.

Tesla would just burn through too much cash.

If you don't want to know the progression just when they actually announce the release of the car there is no point to reading these forums or watching/reading Tesla/Elon news.

When you can't afford an S or X, with no decent long distance range BEV anywhere in sight, and when you hate driving gas cars - the frustration on waiting for Model 3 only gets amplified. I wish they get this on the road next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Model 3 cars will roll out of the factory in H2 2016, they will already be designed and built with one-off prototype battery packs.

Tesla needs to figure out the production issues for such a large production car. 500,000 cars per year is actually a not insignificant number of cars per year even for Ford, Chevy etc., and Tesla is planning to get to that level. They will do this during 2016.

Volume production won't be until 2017, but you will see plenty of Model 3 cars before that. Personally, I expect we will see Model 3 revealed in 2015, as Model X will be rolling out to real owners during that time and become a "current model" - so Tesla will want to put their "next model" on the horizon.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes... that KTLA clip was extremely disappointing.