Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

give me metalic brown back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85D on order, but I guess I need to cancel it - I need a brown one like my previous P85
please tesla - I dont care about how long I will have to wait, if you need to batch the production with other Brown model S's - just inform me that it will take a litle longer to deliver.

I waited 3 years for my first Model S, I don't care if I should wait a long time again to get the right color. I guess I will cancel and wait for other colors than black and white (and those greys in inbetween)

here is some picture of my previous BROWN model S
DSC_0562_small.jpg
DSC_0558_small.jpg
DSC_0588_small.jpg

I think the brown was a very classy color. I would hate to think that you would pass on owning a D for the lack of it, however.

Perhaps you could find consolation in the fact that the choice of color for a P85D may not be as relevant because its incredible speed causes the perceived color to shift towards the red or blue end of the spectrum, depending upon your trajectory from the observer...

:lol:
still need some "real" colors. all the current colors are white or black or inbetween. (except the red witch is a true color) - the blue doesn't count as it is almost black except in full sun light.
my pressent P85D is though on order in blue

I personally think the brown was the ugliest colour, but that's personal preference not a measurable quantity. That said, I absolutely think they should bring it back. I also think they should bring back the green (the best colour they offered, with the possible exception of sig red). But more so, I think they should start offering MORE colours, the pallette is very limited.

One thing I've never understood about Tesla is that they are custom making each vehicle for a specific buyer, why can't they allow more customization in this case? The packages on the website are becoming more and more all inclusive, the colour selections fewer, and generally they're behaving like a manufacturer who has to have stock of all the specific configurations, so needs to limit them. This just isn't the case.

Each car is built for a specific buyer, and as such should be built with as much customizability as possible. With the most advanced production line on the planet, combined with each car being built to order, this should be dead simple.

I personally think the brown was the ugliest colour, but that's personal preference not a measurable quantity.

I agree it is personal preference but, I will say I get more comments on the color brown of my Tesla than I've gotten about any other care color I've owned. Some of that is probably because of the car itself ( the Model S is a gorgeous car!) but I frequently get complements about the color alone.

--Andy

Not for P85Ds delivered in December, specifically. That is why GG upgraded to a P85D, so he could keep his beloved Green!

Correct. You can order a brown P85D right now for December delivery. But your time is running out quickly.

Custom color is a 12k option. I almost did it, to get a blue model S like Laurent's. In the end I couldn't convince myself to spend the cash.

there is a reason they stopped the brown, it's horrible and nobody was buying them.... under the age of 80.... :)

Have you ever seen a brown in person, in the sunlight? Most who see them in these conditions do nothing but rave. But there will always be young whippersnappers who think cars come in two colors, Red or Black. ;)

The brown Model X in my dashboard page looks so good with my Green S85 that I really hope Brown comes back in late 2015 or early 2016, in time for the Model X delivery.