Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch is not working 11/18/14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat beds being used by Tesla to carry MS's to either Gilroy or Tejon Ranch when you get here.
Now that is impressive customer service. I don't think any other EV manufacturer or charging network operator would be nearly that proactive! It's great to see that Tesla is going above and beyond. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Tech's determining the root cause of the problem and repair/fix as necessary :::: per TSC support.

At time 14:59PST Harris Ranch stated that it was a PG&E problem..... Shell station area and the restaurant did not have power interruption.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to the explanation for the outage but we may never know.

It's the first time I've heard of an entire SC going down.

Harris Ranch has had the bank of 6 stalls go down before (at least once last summer). The only working one was the original separate 1 stall that was the first SC ever, that they've since removed...
Doesn't bode well for the battery swap station going in there, if power feed from the grid is unreliable.

Another case for showing real time availability. If you were charging at Tejon Ranch and could see on your Nav screen that Harris Ranch was not working or full, it would offer you the ability to change your routing to Atascadero for example and avoid the pile up of cars waiting for a charge and tow trucks!

Another case for showing real time availability. If you were charging at Tejon Ranch and could see on your Nav screen that Harris Ranch was not working or full, it would offer you the ability to change your routing to Atascadero for example and avoid the pile up of cars waiting for a charge and tow trucks!
Suppose I could just call the Supercharger phone number and inquire when I'm at Tejon. But I was surprised to learn that the route from Tejon through Atascadero to Gilroy is 3 miles less that through Harris Ranch. Not as fast I expect but still...

We should be able to see supercharger stations like this:

Blink.png

Lloyd I agree and have been hoping for the past year that the Model S would show real time Supercharger status including number of chargers in use. Tesla has that information. They need to make it available to their customers. I realize it will take some work, but it needs to happen.

If I was planning a trip on 5 right now I would seriously consider taking the 101 instead.

11-19... The superchargers were weak! 50kWh at best! Slow! Tesla Tech stated that the site had continual problems with getting power>>> it is not an on site problem.. it's the power feed apparently.

Indio to Oxnard (which I've done on occasion) and then up the 101 coast is the best alternate, or go Tejon over to the coast! The long distance between Indio and Oxnard/Tejon ...well.. maybe Rancho Cucamonga will ease that a bit! What's needed to be done at Rancho was minimal, it was just getting the power company crew on site to do some re-wiring and then circuit breaker checks. Tesla Tech would be on site until it was up and running... He only had a bout 29 miles of range in his test car!!!! Yikes!! ...but there are level II's nearby should he need one! Seemed like today Thursday ... it would be up and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.