Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nanotechnology Triples Battery Capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"My my top advice really for anyone who says they’ve got some breakthrough technology is please send us a sample cell. Okay? Don’t send us PowerPoint. Just send one cell that works with all appropriate caveats. That would be great. That sorts out the nonsense and the claims that aren’t actually true. Talk is super cheap. The battery industry has to have more bullsh*t in it than any industry I’ve ever encountered. It’s insane."

-Elon Musk

I think the key words here were "looks to" improve battery energy density and "approximately" triple. Other than that, I'll wait for Elon to say what batteries he is putting into a real car that I can buy. Those will be the batteries I care about since those will be the ones I am using.

This promising new battery technology looks to offer approximately triple the battery energy density along with the potential for thousands of recharge cycles: Tiny Batteries Could Revolutionize Green Energy .

Thanks for including nano in the thread title so that I don't need to read the article.

(The reason not to read it, is that if humans could manufacture nanotech at scale and at reasonable cost it would open up a myriad of possibilities that would kill all current nanotech-dependent "breakthroughs" in the lab.)

Last edited:
I have another article as a response to your statement :rolleyes:: The 9 Best Nanotechnology-Powered Products | DiscoverMagazine.com.

Doesn't affect my view. With so many nano-tech based battery designs it's impossible to know whether solving the problems required to scale one battery tech would simply enable a better alternative, making it a pointless waste of time to read yet another article on a new one. I get more excited about improvements in current manufacturing processes or breakthroughs in nanotechnology manufacturing itself.