Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think this is a little outrageous! - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a little outrageous!

I was thinking about listing my really nice MS 60 for sale. As I worked through the website I saw that the TMC is charging 5% to sell a car through the website. I can see that on parts or something, but something as expensive as these cars 5% is THOUSANDS of dollars. Way too much commission. Even more than a retail dealer would get for selling a car. So for that reason, "I'm Out"

List Date: 11/18/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: I think this is a little outrageous!
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

Mobile friendly version: I think this is a little outrageous!

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

I hope and believe you are correct, but when I started completing the form, I was looking to list at around $55k and it showed "you will receive $50k" at the bottom of the calculation. I think there could be a fee, but the 5% threw me for a loop. I will check out the thread and the site again.

I hope and believe you are correct, but when I started completing the form, I was looking to list at around $55k and it showed "you will receive $50k" at the bottom of the calculation. I think there could be a fee, but the 5% threw me for a loop. I will check out the thread and the site again.

try it again and remove the "pay with paypal" option.

So I read the thread referred. But the Panjo website still indicates that TMC will charge 5%. I indicated not using Paypal and it showed my price minus 5%.

that is so weird, it didn't do that when I listed my car. I would just run a cars.com ad, it's not like cars sell from the is site anyway and most listings just get rude pointless comments anyway.

Truthfully it was a half hearted attempt to sell the car. I probably don't want to. I just purchased a used P85 locally and now I have 2. My wife and I were sharing the car, but now there is one for each of us. The value of the car to me is probably way more than it is to anyone else, but I was going to test the interest. This has probably stopped me from doing something stupid.

... I would just run a cars.com ad, it's not like cars sell from the is site anyway and most listings just get rude pointless comments anyway.

I've seen a lot of cars sell on here. In fact, it seems to be one of the best places to buy or sell a used Tesla given that it's a unique market when it comes to a high end electric vehicle. I also have not seen "most listings get rude pointless comments". Some do, but definitely not most, at least from the many that I have read.

Truthfully it was a half hearted attempt to sell the car. I probably don't want to. I just purchased a used P85 locally and now I have 2. My wife and I were sharing the car, but now there is one for each of us. The value of the car to me is probably way more than it is to anyone else, but I was going to test the interest. This has probably stopped me from doing something stupid.

Oh come on, list it and price it really high.

that is so weird, it didn't do that when I listed my car. I would just run a cars.com ad, it's not like cars sell from the is site anyway and most listings just get rude pointless comments anyway.

I agree with using cars.com to list the car. In my searches thats the first place I've always gone as opposed to looking up forums dedicated to specific brands. Typically on those pages you'll find people who overvalue their cars due to an enthusiasm and devotion to whichever brand they happen to be selling. Thats said the reason many of the for-sale posts on this forum get comments are for this very same reason. Many have some distorted perception of value and cannot accept that their car is just like any other model-s who's value was recently decimated by the rollout of autopilot and dual motors. Rude? Sometime disagreeing can be perceived as rude by those who are overly sensitive but in most cases I've found the criticism to be fairly accurate.

TMC does not receive anything when you sell your car. If you are a new TMC member, it's my understanding that there is a $5 listing fee (cuts down on spam), but that's it.

This topic has been beat to death. Please. If we were making that kind of money, I'd be demanding to get paid for the time spent on this forum. So would the other moderators. :)

TMC does not receive anything when you sell your car. If you are a new TMC member, it's my understanding that there is a $5 listing fee (cuts down on spam), but that's it.

This topic has been beat to death. Please. If we were making that kind of money, I'd be demanding to get paid for the time spent on this forum. So would the other moderators. :)
It may have been beaten to death but unless the listing form is fixed, it will keep coming up again. The form clearly deducts 5% and it is not clear that this is only with PayPal. It's was never made clear to me why this would be the case if you did use PayPal so I assume that is an error too.