Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TAG Heuer and Tesla Motors Launch Worldwide Partnership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this isn't the great news their February newsletter hinted to at the Geneva Motor Show. I was sort of hoping it be European pricing or factory location or some other stuff related to Model S. Not another special model - PR piece. Though I might just be a bit too cynical :)

Cobos

4396819937_632a54d1b3.jpg

Well now you can eliminate that pesky rear-view-mirror!

Here's an even bigger nerd alert:

"The car's exterior color scheme is Foucault Field Gray, embodying the innovative spirit of both companies."

Though (besides being alliterative) Foucault Field isn't particularly meaningful, invoking Leon Foucault is pretty clever. I wonder whose idea that was.

Hopefully this isn't the great news their February newsletter hinted to at the Geneva Motor Show. I was sort of hoping it be European pricing or factory location or some other stuff related to Model S. Not another special model - PR piece. Though I might just be a bit too cynical :)

Cobos

Yeah... I might be alone, but this thing screams of pointlessness. A company that should be busy getting out the Model S to prove it's worth should be doing more daimler-type collabos, not this fluff.

If they want to keep the sales of Roadsters up and reach beyond the waiting list audience, then they need to get better visibility within the same demographic that TAG Heuer targets. So it's a bit more than just fluff.

However, I can't but help think it would make a nice pace car :smile:

I like that cluster.
I like the basic look of the cluster too, but appears they abandoned the tach numbers for dual metric and English units on the speedo (arguably more useful). And again they've indicated the metric speed as "kp/h". Is this a typo or is it a common way of indicating kilometers per hour (that btw makes no sense to me and I've never seen elsewhere). What does the binnacle look like on the current Euro-spec cars?

Anoutsider,

As much as I like TAG Heuer watches, I must agree that Tesla Motors seems a little misguided in its priorities with the Models S program and their other obligations.

On the otherhand, partnerships with other segment leaders are a way to build the Tesla brand. I think this latest venture opens Tesla up to many more future customers for the Model S and other Tesla products. Let's wait to see how well this edition of the Roadster generates buzz for both companies.
:wink:

On the otherhand, partnerships with other segment leaders are a way to build the Tesla brand. I think this latest venture opens Tesla up to many more future customers for the Model S and other Tesla products. Let's wait to see how well this edition of the Roadster generates buzz for both companies.
:wink:

It was a bit of a coup for Tesla to get Tag Heuer as a partner. Look at some of the other luxury watchmaker and luxury car partnerships -- Panerai/Ferrari and Breitling/Bentley are the two best examples, but in the past Tag did watches for Mercedes, and Tourneau has made some watches for BMW. Tag does tons of marketing to the same target demographic that Tesla seeks to attract, and is by far the largest of the luxury watchmakers. If it works well, it can be a boost to both companies (which is obviously the point of the whole thing).

I'm not partial to Tag watches normally, but if they made a special Tesla-branded watch I'd have a very hard time not buying it!

Tesla Motors - Odyssey of Pioneers

TAG Heuer and Tesla Team Up for World Tour

At the 80th International Motor Show in Geneva we announced our partnership with TAG Heuer and unveiled the one-of-a-kind TAG Heuer Tesla Roadster. The "Foucault Field Gray" Roadster includes avant-garde design elements representing the innovative spirit of both companies. This morning at the Baselworld Watch Expo, TAG Heuer unveiled a new concept watch that fits in the Roadster's specially-designed center console. To celebrate the Swiss watchmaker's 150th anniversary, the TAG Heuer Tesla Roadster will embark on the Odyssey of Pioneers, a 24,000-mile trip around the world. Leonardo DiCaprio, one of the first Roadster owners and official TAG Heuer Ambassador, kicked off the trip with Tesla CEO Elon Musk and TAG Heuer CEO Jean-Christophe Babin. There will be a variety of ways for Roadster owners and fans to get involved with the trip so stay tuned.
march10_tag.jpg

Some dates:

Date City
March 25 - 28 Monaco
April 7 Milan
April 15 Budapest
April 22 Warsaw
April 29 - May 2 Moscow
May 20 - 23 Delhi
June 3 - 6 Beijing
June 17 - 18 Shanghai
July 8 - 11 Tokyo