Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset the Clock??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know others have experienced this but I do not recall the solution. I drove to Nashville from Chattanooga last week. Nashville is Central time zone. Chattanooga is Eastern. When we changed from DST my in-car clock adjusted accordingly. However, when I returned from Nashville it did not. Two FULL reboots later, still suck on Central time. Any known fixes other than calling Tesla?

I've crossed time zones in my S often ... especially as the clock is so small and grey, I would like it to alert me when the clock does change.
Like a 5 second onscreen "error" message telling me I lost / gained an hour?

I've crossed time zones in my S often ... especially as the clock is so small and grey, I would like it to alert me when the clock does change.
Like a 5 second onscreen "error" message telling me I lost / gained an hour?

I've thought more than once that I'd like the time display to indicate timezone. I'm currently CST (Central Savings Time as opposed to CDT Central Daylight Time). The time libraries in Linux know timezones very well if only Tesla would display. By displaying the timezone you would know the clock changed since you last looked at it. I don't remember whether my clock changed when visiting the Chattanooga Supercharger.

It'd be easy to make it an option to put a thing up to display you are in a new time zone. But there will need to be an option to turn it off. It would annoy people who live in one time zone and work in another or travel between the two a lot.

Just make it an option as to how the time string is printed. Its Linux so its a safe bet the date(1) command is present:

dkelly@clumsy {36} date "+%B %d, %G %l:%M %p %Z"
November 18, 2014 3:03 PM CST
dkelly@clumsy {37} date "+%B %d, %G %l:%M %p"
November 18, 2014 3:05 PM
dkelly@clumsy {38}